Low Carb

Options
What are some brown bag lunches that are low carb? I'm getting kind of tired of salads.

Replies

• NatalieFWright
    NatalieFWright Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher and eat for lunch most days 14 slices of pepperoni (buy the regular, not low fat as it has carbs, while regular has none), green olives, almonds, and swiss or havarti cheese. It feels like I am eating tapas when I do this. If I am strapped for time (like days when I have lunch duty or have to make copies during lunch) I drink an EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shake to get me through the day.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    check out the Ole brand low carb high fiber tortillas - they are net 5 g carbs 71 cals - fill one with nice stuff and make a wrap.

Turkey and cheese with chopped salad, chicken salad, tuna...

But what I realy like if you have a microwave at work is a chicken Quesadilla , buy some pre-cooked chicken strips the cheese or your choice optional add onion, tomato, avocado, etc. Fold over the goodies nuke unitl the cheese has melted

I add a nice spicy salsa - yummy
  • olemissgal00als
    olemissgal00als Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sausage and Cheese plate
    Lettuce Wraps (you can pretty much put anything in them that you normally would put in a sandwich)
    Egg drop soup
    Left overs from the previous nights dinner
    crustless quiche
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I always keep an assortment of tinned fish in my truck for lunch. Sardines, herring, tuna pouches, fish steaks. Lots of protein, Omega 3 fats and quick and easy to eat. I also normally have a couple of zip locks with a scoop of protein powder in each at my desk. I will often go into the break room with my shaker cup and a bag of protein powder to shake up a nice protein snack mid morning. Usually have some Greek Yogurt and.or Cottage Cheese in the cooler I leave in the truck.
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like Boars Head reduced sodium chicken breast sliced thin with sliced cucumber and cherry tomatoes. I also like to make lean ground sirloin with taco seasoning and make "tacos" from lettuce leaves. Little meat and salsa in the lettuce is to die for. Greek yogurt with almonds is also good.
  • greatsmile71
    greatsmile71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

Not sure if you like to cook, but I like to brown turkey meat with an added taco seasoning packet. You can add diced tomatoes, a dollop of greek yogurt, black beans, whatever you like. It can be made on weekends and stored or frozen until you need it. Very convenient, easy, inexpensive, and TASTEY!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I usually make a big pot of chili and freeze it in single serving containers and have that for lunch. Or make yourself a grilled chicken salad.
  • lizzayxox
    Options
    make a big pot of stew!
    this one i make is really good you add corn, peas, chopped tomatoes, ground beef, celery and which ever type of veggies you lie. brew it and its delish! plus ground beef is a low carb meat so it fills you up.
    i take as well campbells vegetable soup (low sodium) its only 90 calories
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What are some brown bag lunches that are low carb? I'm getting kind of tired of salads.

Larb

BLTs hold the bread