Need snack ideas

Options
I'm going to the grocery store and I am in desperate need of healthy snack ideas. I usually eat sugar free pudding or jello (I have a terrible sweet tooth) but I'm bored and need something different.

Replies

• nikkolatwell
    Options
    Special K cereal bars only 90 calories 1 protein I cant remember how much fat but they have a sweet taste... I LOVE SUGAR.
  • nikkolatwell
    Options
    Special K cereal bars only 90 calories 1 protein I cant remember how much fat but they have a sweet taste... I LOVE SUGAR.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Hummus and carrots is my favorite or apple with natural peanut butter! MMM

~Leash :heart:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    yogurt, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, hummus, fruit, veggies, beef jerky (watch the sodium)....
  • wettak
    wettak Posts: 16
    Options
    I like the Special K fruit crisps and the Chips a Hoy 100 calorie packs! Also, frozen yogurt with rasperries and mango are a staple in my diet. I buy the bags of frozen fruit then defrost it...its really handy and yummy.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Fiber Plus chewy bars. Fresh fruit & veggies (I could chow down on red bell peppers all day). Kozy Shack no sugar added tapioca. Cheese. Sodium free trail mix.
  • Desiderata
    Options
    mmmm my favorite is a handful of almonds, a handful of craisins, and a sprinkle of white chocolate chips. Its a real tasty way to fill you up for a bit :%Pr
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    Any type of fruit, Nature's Valley Bars, Special K Crackers, Cereal - I always love Frosted Flakes as a snack, Veggies, Pepperidge Farms Baked Cheese Crackers, Laughing Cow Cheese, Yogurt, snickers mini ice cream bars
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Skip all the processed stuff. Go natural. Fruits, veg, natural PB, cheese. The closer to nature the better.

"Eat Food. Not a Lot. Mostly Plants." - Michael Pollan
  • jsturman
    jsturman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Kashi bars...........they have some with chocolate for someone needing something sweet, only 120 calories. My favorite is the chocolate coconut!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've been doing cracked pepper & olive oil Triscuits (YUM!) - 20 calories each but so delish. Also been eating fruit, a large banana is 109 calories and pretty filling. Pretzels, ketlle corn, string cheese (usually 50-60 cal each and filling since it's dairy and you can eat 2 if you're a 100 calorie per snack person)...
  • andnothinghurt
    Options
    i love sweets too! hope these suggestions help :smile:
    -emerald cocoa roast almonds, blue diamond oven roasted vanilla almonds or the brown sugar cinnamon ones are all nice and sweet and realllly good
    -jello chocolate mousse temptations- only 60 cals and dont even taste "diet" ( im obsessed with these!!)
    -applesauce- only 100 cals for the individual packs and with cinnamon they are even better
    -light english muffins (100 cals) with a little PB and sugar free jelly
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. They all sound great. I always seem to get stuck in a food rut----these are great suggestions to help me vary my diet a bit. :0)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Hummus and carrots is my favorite or apple with natural peanut butter! MMM

~Leash :heart:

Yum! Hummus and carrots is one of my favorites!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Oh, and there's some great new parfaits I found at the store, low-fat yogurt(Yoplait, I think), two flavors in each container that mix well. I like the Chocolate Raspberry and Creme Caramel combos, each yogurt cup is 100 calories.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    some snacks i enjoy are....

Staceys naked pita chips w/roasted red pepper hummus
    hard boiled egg
    grapes, apples, bananas
    Fiber One Bars (super yummy, and they have a 90 cal bar and a 120 cal, (i think that is correct))
    Dannon light and fit yogurt with strawberries
    reduced fat triscuts smeared with french onion light laughing cow cheese
  • healthycat31
    Options
    dried apricots or houmous with carrots or celery sticks, or some healthy crackers like ryvitas and top them spinach leaves or wild rocket, maybe a slice of tomato, a few olives
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Stick around the perimeter of the grocery store and you should be fine. Carrots, peppers, apples, tangerines are some of my favourite snacks. Almonds as well...only eat a handful (about 12) since they're high in calories and fat, but really good for you.