I feel disgusting

Options
I am going to have to restart this whole trying to lose weight thing. Going to have to change my ticker from 5 lbs lost to 0 lbs lost.
I have been doing so good saying NO to junk food for the past 2 weeks...but then last night happened.

As Im sitting on my front step waiting for trick or treaters...holding a giant bowl of candy and choolate...(my weakness) I snuck a starrt burst. That star burst turned into a few mini chocolate bars, a couple of mini bags of chips and a bag of popcorn with dill pickle powder while watching a movie with hubby last night. Pretty much the same thing today. I feel gross and repulsive. Starting to think you know what....maybe Im just supposed to be fat. I have been trying for a year to lose weight but Im just stuck at the same weight and Im not blaming anyone but myself. Im so lazy, tired and exsausted. I wanna keep going but I just wanna give up and accept the reality that itll never happen.

All I ever wanted was a before and after photo like all you wonderful people on here. But I just dont think I can do it.

Replies

• gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Resist the notion of letting one set-back sabatoge everything. You can achieve whatever you want. Focus and consistency and a postive attitude will pay off. You can do it, so get out there and give it your best! :-)
  • Ladysquire
    Ladysquire Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The think about weight loss is that you need to be in the right frame of mind. I've tried over the years to lose weight but I was never really ready to. Now I am and I don't feel like I'm dieting therefore if I had a day when I ate chocolate (yesterday!) I'm not beating myself up about it. It would only be a bad thing iff you thought that eating some chocolate means 'well I might as well just go ahead and eat that entire pizza now..' :)

You had a slip, no big deal. Just carry on.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :huh:

i feel amazing :flowerforyou:

really .... just because you messed up once does not mean you have ruined everything. Standup and brush yourself off and get to it. Wishing for a before and after pic isn't going to happen magically. Get your *kitten* moving !! You got this !
  • nejaustin
    nejaustin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Jenny please don't be so hard on your self. Ask any of the people you see the great before and after pics or with the big weight loss if they haven't had a stumble or two or twenty six. The people who are going to be successful at losing the weight and keeping it off are the ones that are able to deal with daily battles and not having a bad one put them off.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    relapse is a part of recovery.
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Like my old man used to say, if it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain weight in a night, and you aren't going to lose it in a day; you won't ruin your hard work with a slip. This is a long game, and if you make more good decisions than bad, you'll always be marching forward.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Like this:smile:
  • Rogue_Minx
    Rogue_Minx Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey there.

Listen, I've been working steadily on weight loss since February now. I've lost 35 pounds with twenty more to go. Weight loss isn't easy. Don't give up.

Do you know how many times I've slipped, tripped, and fell? Countless. But I won't let one bad day (or even one bad week) ruin my determination to look amazing and feel the same way! I tell myself every morning that I'm worth what I'm doing. And guess what? There are sometimes points where I skip the gym for weeks or I eat out three times in a week. I'm human. I make mistakes.

And. So. Will. You.

I don't have the willpower to sit there, holding a bowl of chocolate and not eat some! My best tactic is avoidance. I know that doesn't work on Halloween but...

Don't feel like because you ate one piece of candy, you have to scrap your whole day.

Anyway, don't give up. It's hard but not impossible and totally, totally worth it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Are you saying you gained 5lb of 'real weight' (i.e. not water weight) in one day? That would mean you ate around 20,000 calories.
  • goodbyerachel
    Options
    one night isn't going to ruin it. It sucks, but just focus on this feeling and learn so it doesn't happen next time.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain weight in a night, and you aren't going to lose it in a day; you won't ruin your hard work with a slip. This is a long game, and if you make more good decisions than bad, you'll always be marching forward.

This!
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    We are all human and therefore mistakes are possible for everyone.

One little night with too many calories should not make you feel like it's a lost cause. You've lost 5 pounds so you obviously know what needs to be done.

Before, when I was dieting at first, if my boyfriend ate a chocolate cake at a restaurant, I would have half, regardless of how many calories that represented. Yesterday, he ate one, and I only had one tablespoon. He even offered me a second one to which I said no. That's a huge step for me.

You need to learn to see past the tempting chocolate to see what the goal is - feel healthier, and better in our own bodies. And if you do have a little slip out, try to incorporate more exercise in order to control the damage.

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I've felt the same way recently but I look at it as tomorrow is a new day and you can start from scratch then.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

:heart:

and OP - *hug* because it sounds like you need one.

You can't let those kinds of thoughts get to you. We all have them. You will be strong if you choose to be strong for yourself.

Don't let it get you down for good. You know what you need to do, just make it as easy for yourself as possible. One thing at a time, right?
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I am so close to goal and I slip up too. We all do. You can't beat yourself up about it, it's all part of the process hon. Lifestyle changes are hard to make, but can be done.

good luck *hugs*
  • wrae727
    Options
    Don't give up. Just start over. Today is a new day. We all have those days. :happy:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Last night was Halloween, and I am sure that a ton of people here fell victim to the candy trap. But that does not mean that you cannot do it. It means you had one bad day. You can still do it! Just do not give up.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    if it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun
    [/quote]

THIS.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Take a step back- and breathe. Today is not always. Last night is not forever. Every day is a new day to recommit and get to a good place. You can do this. We can all do this...