Any Holloween Candy NSV's

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    As I was handing out candy I almost a couple of times was tempted to open a twix or a Kit Kat but managed to say no. Figured it will be a test of Will Power if I can make it, I will feel good about it. Sure did, and if I really wanted candy cause I wanted it and not cause I saw it and couldn't resist then i can just go get it.

My will power: 1 , Halloween: 0 , rematch next year.
  • happythermia
    Options
    LOL nope!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy any candy at all! :happy:

Our treat was Double Triple Mint Oreos and I only had 2 which at 100 calories a pop was enough. Those were the first cookies I've bought in months if not a year.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had some Halloween candy, I didn't have as much as years before so I still determine it a NSV. This was the first official candy I have had in over three months. I logged my candy so I also consider that a NSV.
  • Kitkat_58
    Kitkat_58 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did not have any candy yesterday, and stayed away from the Hershey Kisses at school today.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love reading about everyone's successes!

I, too, had a candy-free Halloween for the first time EVER. In previous years I would encourage my way-too-old children to go trick-or-treating so that *I* could eat their candy. Bad mom.

I wasn't a very popular neighbor, though. Here's how I handled trick-or-treaters at my house last night:
    http://fatgirldiariesonline.blog.com/2012/10/31/ghostsofchocolatespast/
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    Ok, so I had to buy an obsene amount of candy for a group of young people who were coming to a party instead of hitting the streets. I managed to open all of the bags, sort through the candy and separate it. I was able to get through the process, deliver the treats, and watch while the girls grabbed their fill, all without swiping a piece for myself. I did treat myself to one sugar free Hershey's miniature.
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hey, I ate 1000 calories of Halloween candy last night, most likely more, and I lost a pound overnight. Never deny yourself your favorites - Those hershey's nuggets called my name.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I only ate 500ish calories worth instead of 2000ish.
  • galaxiasmama
    Options
    I had halloween candy today...needless to say, ewwwwww it doesn't taste as good as I remember it tasting (I don't even eat candy anymore) and I think I kept eating it in hopes it would taste better...but no..now I have to wait til I am hungry so I can eat some real food :)

It's big for me that I am not liking the taste anymore, because I have always always always been a candy fiend. When I was a teenager, which was only a few years ago, I would go to the store basically everyday and buy as much candy that would fit in my purse :O & somehow my metabolism allowed that. Wth! lol.
  • lauren0985
    lauren0985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did not empty and take the candy I wanted first as "payment" for walking around the neighborhood while my kids went trick or treating!! Usually it is always the first thing we do! Get home....dump the bags....mom takes a look...and some candy...that DID NOT happen this year, woot woot!!!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy myself a bag of candy corn this year - in fact I didn't have a single candy corn. I love candy corn!!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    did not have 1 piece of halloween candy!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Man! This may not mean a whole lot to you ALL...but I am so doggone proud of each and every one of you guys. To me, this is major league NSV stuff and I'm so glad that each and everyone of you said, Nope...I can have as much as I want or as little as I want or none and choose none. Such encouragement to me, I just LOVE IT!!!!!!

You slim and trim and/or will be slim and trim winners YOU guys! Woot! :heart:
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    No candy, cake or chocolate.

so today I had BACON on my salad. Bacon is better than candy anyday!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    No candy, cake or chocolate.

so today I had BACON on my salad. Bacon is better than candy anyday!

WOW, I'm so proud of you. I had bacon today too. I used to could eat a whole package of bacon by myself at one sitting. Those days are GONE and I'm glad they are!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I ate 700 calories worth of candy one day this week, but I was still at my caloric minimum/maximum :p
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't do the 1200 cal regime, so after getting my important nutrients for the day, I ate several pieces of my favorites - logging each one. No guilt. No more deprivation - just healthy choices and moderation from here on out... oh... and busting some muscles lifting.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I ate candy without bingeing, purging, taking laxatives, or restricting calories!!! WHOO!
  • katylady777
    katylady777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i limited myself to 3 snack size ones and gasp tracked them! the rest goes in the freezer as treats for my 3 year old!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!