Fit Bit the One vs Zip?

Options
which one would you chose and why? I'm looking into getting one. Also, do you have to pay anything for service? I only ask because I had the body bugg but you have to pay a monthly service fee

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    No monthly service fees.

The big difference between and One and Zip is the sleep monitoring and the altimeter on the One. And of course the look of them. I have the Zip. It's basic and counts steps. No sleep monitoring. It doesn't count flights of stairs, however, it does count the steps for any stairs you do. I don't do many stairs and don't care about sleep monitoring so the Zip works fine.
  • ajsmommy2010
    Options
    I had the fitbit one for about a month and didn't like it. I wanted something that showed my heart rate so I took it back. I got a Polar F7 HRM because it will show accurate calories burned and see my heart rate during workouts. Just make sure you do your research as to what you want out of your product :-)
  • JGo81
    JGo81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar (??) dont recal the exact model i hadrly ever use it although it works great, I would like something i can sync with my calorie intake. So far i found BodyMedia although requires a $6.95 monthly fee, so I'm debating if I should get it. Although from the reviews I have read this is the best route to take, considering you can track it all, heart rate, sleep, calories burned and consumed.
  • SherrysLife2012
    Options
    I have considered getting a Fit Bit, but from all I've read and heard it basically just counts your steps, as does your BB. But I totally understand what your saying about the BB, as I have one, I love the BB but I'm tired of the monthly fee and now the fact it doesn't sync with MFP as does the Body Media. I'm actually considering getting the Body Media, although it also has a monthly fee, its less than the BB and it has benefits that the BB doesn't. I just keep telling myself I can't put a price on my health (the monthly fee) and I've really like how the BB tracks my calories burned, not just steps. So like someone else said, do your research and get whatever that will give you the information your looking for. Just tracking my steps wouldn't help me, but that's just me.