My little idea...

Options
SoldierDad
SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
So tell me what you think, or make suggestions... My wife has had a really rough week at work so i am trying to give her a better start to the weekend... I arranged for nana to watch the kids over tonight, I bought her fave flowers (I believe a woman should get flowers at least a couple times a week always), i have her fave candy, I am making a candle light dinner, I have covered the bed in rose petals, I have candles everywhere (lol I took off work early today to get this set up, its good to be the boss), and I bought her a necklace. My questions is... Candle light dinner or out to her fave restraunt? Is this to much or to little? She really has had a rough week... Ladies... Your suggestions please. :flowerforyou:
Blessings,
ED

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Okay, first LOVE THIS!!!!

Second, I, personally, would prefer a candle-lit dinner that you cook.
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My One & Only Suggestion...Do you want 2 wives??? J/K

I think maybe fave restaurant, b/c then there is no clean up and more time to, um, cuddle!!!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    I vote for the restaurant too. No clean up. Too much??? I don't think so.
    She is a luucky woman.
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    Agreed... fav. restaurant. It is always nice to get treated out to dinner. Although, either would be very nice.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When I've had a stressful day/week, the last thing I want to go is go out and it doesn't matter where. I just want to stay in. So I think the candle lit dinner would be a bigger hit. And the dishes can wait until later :wink:
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Sounds like a dream come true to me:love: . If the candle-light dinner is MADE by you, I say stick with that. She will appreciate it more than a restaurant.

Throw in a massage too to end the night (or just get it started :wink: )
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW That is sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!! You really think girls shuld get flowers a couple times a week?? I wish! lol. Either way is good. I love going out to eat but thats just me. A candle light dinner is very romantic and it shows you took the time to do it...either way..your deff getting some tonight! :wink:
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Oooh that's amazing!! I agree with fave restaurant, an excuse to get dressed up all sexy. :-) I hope she feels really special after all the effort you have gone to. Xx
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I say stay-in. On weekends and Fridays in particular, I prefer to be at home at night because it is much more relaxing. If it was Saturday, I'd say dine-out! But candle-lit dinner in...and way to go!
  • corin1533
    Options
    My opinion ... if she is dieting too them perhaps you cooking a healthy meal would make her feel better in the long run. If she had a bad week and you took her out and then she had to choose something "healthy" instead of what she really wanted, it might make her upset when she got on the scale the next time. If she isn't dieting ... take her somewhere that you would not have kids at the table next to you :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    WOW - I need to find me a husband like you! lol I didn't know men like you still existed.

as for your question I think sometimes a candle lit dinner in the privacy of your own home can be nicer especially if you took the time to do all of that, wow, she is going to be so happy! just make sure u get all the kids toys and stuff out of sight from the bedroom, living room, etc, so she doesnt feel like a "mom" still, know what I mean?

Hope it goes well and let us know how it turns out.

As for the rest of you guys, take this as a lesson on how to treat that special lady in y our life. lol
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Eat in and ingnore the clean-up. Put off to tomorrow what you don't have to do today.

Have a wonderful evening.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Ed, you are SO sweet!! I would vote go out to her fave restaurant. I know after a long, stressful week I love to just go out and get away for awhile. And like others said, no clean up!!

Either way I think she will absolutely love it.

Have a great weekend!!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Can you call my hubby and give him some pointer. This all sounds wonderful as far as going out do what makes her the most happy for me it is going out but I am a stay at home mom so its nice to get out of the house. And way to go on the flowers the last time my hubby got me some was 8 mouths ago when I had our little girl.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Are you like the best husband ever?!!!?!!! I wish my dh would do this for me.....anyhow, off point..

I'd go for candlelight dinner at home. that way she doesn't have to stress about what to wear or how her makeup looks, and that pretty rose petal covered bed is a mere feet away!! :blushing:

HAVE FUN!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    After all you have done to make it special, she is going to be thrilled either way. There have been good points made on both sides...home is cozy and intimate, restaurants are hassle free. I'd let her pick, have the ingredients ready so she can stay in if she's pooped, and be ready to get dressed if she would rather go out. That way you're really doing what she would like best. I know sometimes I am too tired to want to go out, so this way you're truly being responsive to her wishes. AND bonus, if she picks going out, then you have all the yummy ingredients to make the special dinner tomorrow or later this weekend!

What a lucky wife you have- good for you!!!!
  • EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    Options
    i would say make dinner at home and then get her into a hot bubble bath!!! talk about easy clean up! :wink: :love:

what a sweet husband you are!
  • anward1
    anward1 Posts: 19
    Options
    I think she will love the fact that you put all this thought into it just for her. I don't know any woman that doesn't think a man cooking dinner for her is the best thing possible, but either way you go your wife is gonna really know how much you love her. Hope you have a great evening together!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Ed! you had ME at hello.
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I have a boyfriend like this so yes ladies....they are out there!!........

Fridays I prefer to chill out with a glass of wine and talk while he cooks (or sometimes we cook together) This is just me but I prefer to do this with as little clothes on as possible (careful not too burn anything...food or "other" things because either one is going to RUIN the night... lol.)

.....and while the food is cooling....well......enjoy your night:heart: