How can I stop messing up my diet at the end of the day??

Options

Replies

• sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yay! Another attention seeking post!

Seriously, get help. What you're doing is sick.

thats a bit insensitive
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/get-help-today/

You are not alone. Help is just a call or click away.

If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, we are here to help. Call our toll free, confidential Helpline Monday-Friday, 9:00 am- 5:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time:
    1-800-931-2237 or click here. Our helpline volunteers will be there to offer support and guidance with compassion and understanding.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    For someone who is a "competitive athlete", you should be more aware of how important good nutrition is and how it can affect your training and performance. It is clear that you need guidance, and I hope that you will seek counseling to get the help you need!

BTW... You are gaining because you are starving yourself!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    You're not gaining fat eating only 700 calories a day. It's not happening.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Just the other night my mom told me that I've been eating too much and that I need to work harder. And then I told her I might have an Eating disorder and she just ignored me. So I mean, I know I need to lose weight, but if I eat any more than 700 I gain. And I've been gaining...

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you should not listen to your mom about this. It is absolutely awful to think that your mom could be harming you, but this attitude is not ok. She has a problem too. Athletes need to eat. Food is like gas in a car. You don't have enough, your car stalls on the side of the road. Please, talk to someone else about food.
  • JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ehhh I guess I should up my intake a bit... I'll lower it again when my body adjusts...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, as others have said, you need to eat more. Please talk to your doctor. Seriously. This isn't healthy. You are making yourself sick.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just the other night my mom told me that I've been eating too much and that I need to work harder. And then I told her I might have an Eating disorder and she just ignored me. So I mean, I know I need to lose weight, but if I eat any more than 700 I gain. And I've been gaining...

You're 18. You aren't "gaining", you're still "growing"...and an 18 year old growing is completely healthy and normal.

I mean this with all sincerity when I say, if your mom won't listen to you about this, find a trusted adult/counselor who will.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It can "be happening" if she has jerks around her telling her she's getting fat.

Your diary seems extremely healthy, if sparse (i couldnt do it anymore...not while exercising)

Honestly, though...i know pro-ana girls who dont eat as little as 500. All your food is low-calorie...and any "weight" she could be gaining is bloat from malnutrition and lack of fat.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

You are not eating nearly enough, your body is convinced it is starving, so yes you will see false gains if you begin to try to eat more. Seek out help from a trusted adult outside of your family if your mom is being so cruel and thoughtless.

If your pictures are accurate, you're nowhere near overweight.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what you want. You quite obviously have a bigger problem then "messing up your diet at the end of the day".

Your diet is messed up everyday all day.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

You might gain temporarily because your body is starving. But if you set a reasonable goal and eat at that goal then your body will eventually right itself.

I second finding an adult, not your mom, that you can talk to about this.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    To me that seems logical.

So rather than talking to a councillor; have you talked to a doctor?

If you have to eat under 700 calories to lose weight, there may be a physiological issue which needs to be remedied.

I don't really hold with it on a logical/scientific stance, but a lot of people do offer anecdotal evidence that "eating more to lose" does actually work for them. Certainly worth seeing if other people are in a similar situation - though for me it's certainly a case of eating more means more weight put on - but then I regularly have 2000-2500 calories and still be 1000 calories under and lose weight.
  • JohnnyKitty
    Options
    It can "be happening" if she has jerks around her telling her she's getting fat.

Your diary seems extremely healthy, if sparse (i couldnt do it anymore...not while exercising)

Honestly, though...i know pro-ana girls who dont eat as little as 500. All your food is low-calorie...and any "weight" she could be gaining is bloat from malnutrition and lack of fat.

Well, I actually have fat around my sides :/
    And it seems like all the Ana girls only eat 300. So I don't eat that little.
    But yeah, I focus on healthy foods, but as you can see, I ended up eating some butterfingers hahah
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

But yeah, I focus on healthy foods, but as you can see, I ended up eating some butterfingers hahah
    Comparing yourself to "Ana girls" is hardly a healthy mindset. And fat around your sides? Congrats. You're a human. You're meant to have some.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Oh and from your pictures I'd say you look absolutely fine - certainly a figure a lot of girls I know would like to have (and blokes like their girl friend to have.)

The book 'Fat' by Rob Grant is an amusing look at our culture and how we think about body image.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Yay! Another attention seeking post!

Seriously, get help. What you're doing is sick.

I'm not attention seeking. I didn't even want anyone to read my diary.
    I just wanted to know how to stop the afternoon binges.
    First of all, they are not binges. You are craving food because you are hungry.
    Second of all, stop eating so little. These very restrictive diets don't work in the long run because as soon as you stop, you'll start gaining weight.
    Third of all, sorry you'd had so much backlash. Eating disorders or crazy diets are not supported here as they are not a healthy solution to losing weight.

I actually don't even plan on stopping my "diet," it's more of a whole lifestyle change I've done. :(
    I'm sorry, I guess I really should stop posting this stuff, or I should just hide my profile. lskjflsdkjf I promise I'm not attention seeking, I'm just looking for 'general diet/weight loss help' as its called

stop trying to lose weight and seek professional help from outside of your family is the only advice you need. Seriously.
  • gekcsk
    gekcsk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Please see someone about this. It really sounds like you have an eating disorder. If you continue on like this it could kill you. That is about as blunt as I can get.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Uh huh...

Yeah, I'm getting the attention seeking vibe over here now.
  • JohnnyKitty
    Options
    Okay sorry guys... I'll try to sort myself out a bit before I go asking more questions haha~
This discussion has been closed.