Lose 8~10lbs Nov. 2012!

Options
Hi, I know there are a couple of other threads for November challenges, so if you want to challenge yourself to a fitness goal, or to lose 5lbs, or a hybrid challenge, or an exclusive group, then you have a lot of options. :)

For me, I want to set the bar at 8~10lbs this month! And if you want to join me, you’re welcome to. :)

Starting Weight (11/1): 168.6
Goal Weight (11/30): 158.6

11/1: 168.6
11/8:
11/15:
11/22:
11/29:

When you check-in, how about we also either:
1) A huge accomplishment for the week,
and/or
2) Something you want to work on for the week (developing a new healthy habit or breaking a bad old one!),
and/or
3) Something random (a wonderful recipe, a funny story, etc…)
and/or
4) Respond to someone else’s post!
This is all very flexible, so if you want to check in more than once a week with comments, I think that would be great! :) I'll do the same.

Would anybody be interested in doing this with me? :)

Replies

• Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would like to join this. I would like to try for 5 lbs. by Thanksgiving. Just weighed in yesterday, and I will check in on Thursdays.

Starting Weight (10/31): 175.4
    Goal Weight (11/22): 170

Something I want to work on for the week: do my workouts over the weekend and NO ICE CREAM! It's my weakness on weekends. :sad:

Thanks!
  • katieherndon
    katieherndon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been way too comfortable with my weight the past few months. I just saw a few recent pictures of myself and need to kick this back in gear. I'm 5'3. My ultimate goal weight is 125 and I'd like to lose 6-8 pounds this month! Lets do it :)

Start Weight (11/1): 138.4
    Goal Weight (by 11/30): 130-132

Something I need to work on is not eating after dinner. It's part of my wind down routine, so I'm going to have tea this week instead. I would love to accomplish a 7 mile run on Saturday (11/3). Thanks for starting this. I'm excited!
  • sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Are you starting a group for it? Or should we just respond on this thread?
    I am pretty much exactly where you are at.

SW: 168
    GW: 158
    UGW: 135

Goal for this week is to meet with a trainer and get some advice on strength training exercises. :)
  • Emcee753
    Emcee753 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :happy:

Im definetly in! I would love to lose 10lbs by the end of this month.

Start weight 11/1/12 :187

Goal weight 11/30/12 :177
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm in....Maybe I'll do better if I'm held accountable with a weekly check in.
    CW-138.5
    GW- 130
    UGW- 125

I need to work on not eating the junk food in the house this week. Especially all the Halloween candy my two kids brought home. SO HARD!!
  • safranita
    safranita Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm in, too! Thanks for starting this and for the November support, everyone! :heart:

Starting Weight (11/1): 150.5
    Goal Weight (11/30): 145

11/1: 150.5
    11/8:
    11/15:
    11/22:
    11/29:

It looks like I'm averaging a pound a week down IF I AM PERFECT staying within 1200 calories per day and drinking as much water as I can... walking on occasion...

See y'all next Thursday :drinker:
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Im In... Need something to help with my accountabiltiy...

SW (11/01): 152.4
    GW (11/30): 144

Something I need to work on is eating healthy when the weekend comes. Also getting my exercise in 2.
  • auntieeggie
    Options
    I'm in. S/W on 11/1 = 154
    G/W on 11/30 = 146

I've never weighed this much before except when I was pregnant. I've gained 20 lbs the last 2 years mostly from menopause, Prestique and not working out. So, my goal is to work out at least 1 hour 6 days a week. Worked out for an hour today.
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm in! =) My birthday is on the 29th of this month so it will be a great present to myself if I'm able to lose about 10lbs.
    SW (11/01) 227.8
    GW(11/30) 217.8-219.8
    UGW- 141.2-151.2

I'm thinking about lowering my calorie goal back down. I changed my weight loss goal from losing 2lbs a week to losing 1.5lbs a week because it's getting colder out, but I feel like I'm eating way too much so I'm going to put it back for now, and try it again at that amount.
    I need to work on not eating so much and control my cravings. November is an awful month, mine and my fiance's birthdays, family christmas party, christmas baking. UGH! I need to be strong!
    I WILL NEVER QUIT!
    WE CAN ALL DO THIS!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am in for this. I am getting married next summer, and have been slacking lately. This could be the jumpstart I need.

1/11/12 CW 190
    7/11/12
    14/11/12
    21/11/12
    28/11/12

My goal weight for the end of Nov is 182. Lets see if I can do this.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

11/01: 137.5
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    In for sure! I would like to get down to 173 by December.

I'm 5'9". It's currently ToM so this kinda will skew my numbers, buuuut.....

CW: Nov 1 - 179.4
    GW: Nov 30 - 173.0
  • bonita071
    bonita071 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in !! I'm 5'3.5 and 153.4lbs. My goal is to be under 150 by the end of the month :)
  • siannyeah
    Options
    This is a great idea!
    I'd be happy losing anything honestly :)

I'm going to try my absolute best starting tonight, good luck everyone x
  • holly_m25
    Options
    I'm so in! I'm 5'8' and my current weight is 206.2. I would like to be 199 by December 1st! Thanks!
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    Love it- I'm in... gives me a reason to not overindulge come Thanksgiving! hehe

I weigh in every Friday so this can all change tomorrow.. but so far:

CW: 140
    GW: 130
    UGW: I look sickly once I get in the 120's being that I'm just under 5'5 so we will see how I look once I'm at 130 lol.

Being that I am kinda close to my goal, it's going to be hard to come off so I'll be realistic and say I want to drop 5lbs this month!
  • terifree2bme
    Options
    My hope is 10 pounds this month to get closer to my 30 pound end of year goal... I seem to be at a plateau this past week. Extra motivation in checking in will certainly keep me inspired.

Starting weight with MFP was 168 (Sept. 4)
    CW (last weigh-in on Monday) is 152
    Goal weight for end of year is 138

11/5=
    11/12=
    11/19=
    11/26=
    11/30=

Thanks for starting this thread! ... and best to everyone who's going for it!
  • MeABride2B
    Options
    I'm totally in!

This is exactly what I need!

SW (11/1): 186.8 (fluctuating from my lowest so far but it is TOM- lucky me ;))

I'd love to hit 179 by Dec. 1!

Also a bride to be (March 9, 2013) so I'm motivated.

Something I'd like to work on this week is getting in more veggies and doing my abs and push ups daily!

Here we go!! We've got this one :)
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad so many people want to join in!! :D

What does everybody think: Should I start a group? If so, I'll invite everybody who responds to this thread! And maybe I'd start it in a few days, just in case we get any stragglers. :) I've never created a group before, but it seems pretty straightforward. It would be cool if on Group message boards, you can scroll down to see more than the past five posts. ;) I like to respond to everybody...

@MeABride2B: Haha, lucky you indeed.... But congratulations on your engagement!! That is so romantically wonderful!! I need to start doing ab work too--I actually have read that holding the plank pose for a minute or two is one of the most effective core exercises, way more so than crunches! (Although Jillian Michaels also tells me that bicycling crunches are about the most effective move in the world, soooo~) Maybe I should join in with you and do more ab work! :D

@Terifree2Bme: I hope you defeat your plateau soon! :) Good luck to all of us~

@Stephaniern21: I can't wait to hear about your progress! I hope you shake off those 5 lbs this month :D

@holly_m25: I think somebody should get you an AMAZING Christmas present once you hit the hundreds this December! You can DO IT :D

@siannyeah: Good luck to you too! :)
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am in! I feel a plateau coming on so I need to kick it into high gear! However my weight hasn't been coming off at 2 lbs per week so I'm going to aim for 8 lbs this month so that I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.... but I'm still gonna work my butt off!

CW 11/1/12: 164 lbs
    GW 11/30/12: 156 lbs
    UGW: 130 lbs

We can do this!