Ladies doing Insanity or Asylum?

Options
Hi Ladies!

If you're doing Insanity or Asylum, let me just start off by saying congrats! These are both amazing, yet ridiculously challenging programs, without a doubt! If you're looking for a little extra support and motivation to get you through to the end, I have a private Facebook group of other ladies on my team who have tackled or are in the process of tackling Insanity and the Asylum, we call ourselves the FEMALE INSANIACS! haha... So feel free to shoot me a buddy invite or reply on here if you'd like to join us!

COME ON Y'ALL, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :)

-Kelly

Replies

• Pepperwheel
    Pepperwheel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started my first round of insanity today and it hurts so good haha!
  • SkylinkFitness
    Options
    Doesn't it?!!?! Congrats on starting your first round today, that's awesome!! That Fit Test sure is a humbling experience, isn't it?!
    Just sent you a buddy invite! :)

-Kelly
  • determined136
    Options
    I hate Shawn T but I love what he is doing for me!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i just started Asylum yesterday (:
  • SkylinkFitness
    Options
    I hate Shawn T but I love what he is doing for me!

It's definitely a love-hate relationship, isn't it?! Shaun T is an evil, evil man yet a genius at the same time! :)
  • SkylinkFitness
    Options
    i just started Asylum yesterday (:

How are you liking it so far?! Have you tackled Speed & Agility yet? Asylum is definitely a different kind of beast than Insanity, with the incorporation of the speed rope, agility ladder, and weights! I'm starting Asylum Volume 2 on November 12th and CAN NOT WAIT!!! :)

-Kelly
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i love it! it's super tough but i love it, lol.
    speed and agility kicked my butt tho :(
    haha
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping back on Insanity in about 2 weeks <3
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    On Day 2 of Insanity.... phew.... Fit Test itself killed me yesterday.

Today, I could not even keep up with the cardio circuit 1/2 the time, just tried to maintain my form and do as many as I could without collapsing.

Let's hope Insanity will be kinder to me in a week's time! =)

btw, since the fit test, i feel that my back muscles on either side are extremely tight, is this normal?
  • SkylinkFitness
    Options
    btw, since the fit test, i feel that my back muscles on either side are extremely tight, is this normal?

The Fit Test is definitely killer, don't worry... you're not the only one that thinks that! And it's totally normal to not be able to keep up with the crazies in the video right from the get-go. It's going to take time, but form is definitely king... so just keep doing what you're doing, next week will definitely be better! :)

Having *any* muscles be sore during Week 1 of Insanity is *normal*, in my opinion. I can't even tell you how ridiculously sore I was when I first started Insanity. Just make sure you're doing lots of stretching and drinking a ton of water to stay hydrated. Take things day by day and just do your best!! :)

-Kelly
  • brownfoxx
    brownfoxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a killer but it's awesome!
    We have a group here called Insanity - Ladies Only we started November 1st.
    Please join for support and encouragement!!
  • jenstukel
    Options
    Hi...I would love to join your group. I've done Insanity and just started Asylum. Actually, I am now doing one day Asylum and one day Insanity ( switching every other day). I love it! -Jenny