HELP needed

Just got back from the podiatrist and I am in a boot for the next three weeks. I do cardio everyday for an hour. I need to rest my foot or face surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions for cardio exercises, not using my feet? I want to keep up my momentum but don't want to have to do surgery...:smile:

Replies

• foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Do you go to the gym? This may seem silly, but our Y has a machine that allows you to use your arms instead of legs.
  • MNRockstar
    MNRockstar Posts: 13 Member
    I was just in a wheel chair for 8 weeks - shattered ankle. I used free weights and resistance bands. I also was fortunate enough to have a trainer friend that borrowed me her stationary hand bicycle (it's a bike that you pedal with your hands) - SUPER good cardio.

If you're going to have to go to physical therapy, maybe you could check with them to see if they have something that you could use pre-surgery.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,308 Member
    Besides swimming, I don't know, other than lifting weights without standing etc.

But I really wanted to say that's the cutest puppy picture I've seen in a really long time. Grrrrrr.

Cutepuppy2.gif
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Some gyms have a hand bike, but a weights circuit might be more practical.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Punches are great cardio. You can do jabs, upper cuts and crosses and really get your heart rate up.
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Besides swimming, I don't know, other than lifting weights without standing etc.

But I really wanted to say that's the cutest puppy picture I've seen in a really long time. Grrrrrr.

Cutepuppy2.gif

Thanks. I love his snarky face...and your puppy gif is adorable....
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Thanks for the tips everyone!! I really appreciate it....