hollowing out a bagel

Options

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I don't get the point of hollowing out a bagel? You're just eating crust? Might as well not eat it at all.
  • whitley1988
    whitley1988 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own sales a thin slice bagel that is only 110 cals.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat the inside.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat half? I've never understood why people do this
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    lol
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

This, hitch hikers guide clearly stated the answer to all unanswerable (or reasonable ) questions is 42, therefore, 42..

I'm on board with this.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A doughnut without a hole, is a Danish.. Whats a bagel with out a hole?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A doughnut without a hole, is a Danish.. Whats a bagel with out a hole?

A bun.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options

A bun.

Oh you're so silly. :wink:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    People are starving in this world!!! :angry:

I'm with Cliff. Either don't eat it at all or eat the whole thing and put a little extra work in at the gym.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Those Thomas Bagel Thins make SUCH GOOD sliders ... and egg sammiches... and just about any sammiches.

Also really like Joseph's brand Flat breads with Flax. They're 60 someodd calories and make for great wraps or pizzas. Lots of fiber and protein too. Put some roast beef and cheddar in there with Jack Daniels dijon mustard and you're done. YOU'RE DONE, SON.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    My bagels come with holes already in them.

you get my vote for the best smart *kitten* answer. as for weighing and all that - a little difficult to do at work and the thought of using the mailroom's scale makes me want to vomit oh well i guess if that's happens how many negative calories for vomiting up hollowed out bagel?

seriously though digging out some of the bagel inside helps keep the chicken salad filling in. since i WANTED the bagel the whole bagel not just a half a bagel nor were mini bagels, flatcrisps, thin bagels, crackers, pita chips, triscuits or any other item you can think of available i thought well i will save a bit of calories and take some of the inside breading out. damn me for thinking i was doing something somewhat healthy for m. i will now go hang my head in shame for posting such an absurd, ridiculous, asinine question.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    haha i mae a salami and cheese sandwich and ended up taking the bread off.
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    since i WANTED the bagel the whole bagel not just a half a bagel
    I was wondering if it was for a recipe or something! I think that's a great idea for chicken salad! I always just kind of guess-timate. If you think you took away about 1/2 the bagel's weight, log it as half.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    not to change the subject and jump this topic....but how many calories saved if you hollow out a meat loaf???

just go for half...that way you enjoy the splendor of that bagel!!!
  • drea85an
    drea85an Posts: 130
    Options
    Ahhh, i miss NYC women some days. 98lbs and scooped bagels... good times.

It's not a bagel if you take out the actual bagel...it is a crust. Why waste calories for a crust? Just eat a salad!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Couldn't you just smash the dough down with your thumbs? Hallow for chicken salad, entire yummy bagel.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    That bagel you are eating has wood pulp in it...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    sounds like a lot of work...just eat it...or get a bagel thin instead???

for real. This.
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This thread is so silly... ;)

My first thought was that hollowing out a bagel has so much untapped potential! I would hide sandwich fixings in there. Or fruit and cream cheese! Or spaghetti! Or stir fried vegetables with melted cheese! It would look totally normal until you bit into it. How exciting...!

... Of course, I would probably eat the deliciously smooshy center of the bagel while I was making my magical stuffed bagel, anyway. Hm...