pounds/pant size?

Options
Let me preface this by saying that I understand it will be different for everyone and that inches are more important than pounds. I get that.

I'm trying to set realistic goals and expectations for myself, so I'm just trying to estimate based on others' experiences, about how many pounds did you lose between pants sizes?

Replies

• Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For me, it was about 12 pounds between a size 8 and a size 6... but that can fluctuate even from one day to the next! :noway: Not sure if it's "water weight" or what.

Keep going and good luck!!!
  • tendumom
    tendumom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am around 5 feet tall. I0 lbs generally works out to a pants size for me.
  • kalch
    kalch Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was just saying to a friend tonight, "you feel 5 pounds, you see 10 pounds"
  • BeccaCares
    Options
    I am 5'1. I lost about twenty pounds. I weigh about 113 pounds now. I lost 2 pant sizes.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The bigger I was the more I had to lose to go down in pant sizes. I started out a size 14 at 172 stayed there till about 154, stayed a size 12 until 143 then a 10 until 133 and then I dropped two sizes from 133 to 125 (size 6). At 120 went to a size 4 and now at 114 I could probably wear a size 2 but have not been able to afford anymore clothing so I just wear belts and I am hoping to gain back some weight in muscle here very soon.

I am 5.4 1/2"
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2"
    I started at 240 lbs, size 24 jeans... I am now at 216 and wear 20's comfortably, but I can fit into 18's (no trouble putting them on, and yes, I can sit comfortably, etc lol). I suspect that I would be fine in 18's but I just haven't bought any. I want to wait until I can fit into 16's before I go buy any new jeans. There's just too much weight and inches for me to lose for me to go out and buy jeans every size drop, or every two.

Good luck!
  • tamikoss
    tamikoss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow pounds and pants size......lets see i used to be a size 22 and now i'm a size 9.....its been a long snd hard journey that's still not over yet.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I started at 232.8 pounds....and wore a tight size 18....now I weight 113.0 and wear a 3/4 or 26
    Top was 3X and now a size small. I started my journey Nov 2010 I'm 5' 5"
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    For me, the more weight I have to lose, a pant size lost normally correlates with about 20 lbs. However, once I get into the 35 left and under, I imagine it'll be more like 10 lbs a size.
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    About six weeks ago I was a 9/10 at 5'7" and 150 lbs. After doing body weight exercises, I am now a 5/6 at 150 lbs. I didn't even know that was possible. So am I now a strength training advocate? YES.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I was a bigger 14 at 202, and at 167 I was a 10. Since I started weight training at about 180 I am still about a size 10.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and found that to go from a size 24 jeans (my highest) to a size 20 took nearly 3 months and 36lbs. Then I went from a size 20 to an 18 pretty quickly (currently in the size 18). I think it is true that the first size or two takes a long time but after that it speeds up a little.

The annoying thing is the sizing is so different from one store to another, I can be a size 16 in one and a size 20 in another :grumble:
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i'm only half way.

started 5ft 2.. 199lb uk size 16-18
    lost 35lb
    now weigh 164lb and size 14 comfortable

Ive had 2 kids and i very ugly tummy, and alot of flab ive only just got into 14s and still fit in some 16s but if i didnt have a flabby stretch mark tummy might be different
  • fitgma4
    Options
    Maybe it's a percentage? If you weighed 130 and wore a size 8 and lost 10% or 13 pounds to 117- you could wear a size 6. If you weighed 200 and lost 10% or 20 pounds you could go down a size. Just a thought.....
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I think height plays quite the factor in this. For me (I'm 5'3") 5 lbs can make the difference between sizes. I don't have as much area to carry the extra weight and I'm pear shaped so carry most in my lower region, which equates to pant sizes. I was in a XS\S top before I hit the lower pant sizes.
  • ShamaraRobyn
    Options
    I'm 5, 10" with 31" inside leg. 20lbs took me from a comfortable UK 20 to a loose UK 18 trouser, and I can wear Size 16 jackets/tops now.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi start weight 147.5 UK size12/14 current weight 137.5 size 10/12.

I'm either an inverted triangle/goblet or apple shape although more of the former since I lost weight and my tummys not as prominent but still have a bit of a tum and shoulders that are considerably broader than my hips.

I am a size bigger for tops and dresses then trousers and have bought a couple of dresses and tops since my weight loss and gone down a size in the stores I usually shop (I am now a 12) however I don't want to buy new jeans or much of a new wardrobe till I hit goal and currently I'm having to keep most of my size 12's up with belts so assuming I'm down to a size 10 jean.

Dresses can sometimes be a real pain for me as they are usually too tight round my tum and boobs when they fit my hips or really baggy round the hips if it fits my torso, I presume most dresses are designed to fit the more common pear and hour glass figures so finding the right size is a difficult one. x
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It really depends on shape. At 200 lbs I wore a 14 or 16, now at 155 I wear a 12 or 10. I'm very pear shaped with big thighs though, so I'm not the norm. I don't think I can get below an 8 because of my bone structure.
  • meghan_elizabeth
    meghan_elizabeth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". It took about 20lbs to get from a size 8 to size 4. A 4 is a little tight, depending on the brand though...but a 6 is too big. I think about 5 more pounds and they'll fit much more comfortably.
    I usually wear junions sizes though...so I was at a 9, now I'm either a 5 or 7 depending on the brand. But I juniors sizes seem to be cut much slimmer than womens sizes.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I was 177 when I started. At that time, I was a size 14 (although I still try to squeeze into size 12s!). At 155, I was definitely into size 10 territory, and, now, I'm at 143.6 and a true size 8 (which is beginning to get a little big on me.) I felt like I was in size 12 for a long time, and then quickly went from size 10 to size 8. Basically for me roughly 10 pounds correlates to one pant size. However, I'm quite hippy, so that affects what pant size I can wear. I just bought some new jeans from Old Navy, and they're sized perfectly at my hips, but gape at my waist. The smallest I've ever been is a size 4 about a decade ago, and I was in the high 120s at that time.