Help with how many calories please

Options
Hi just wanted to make sure my numbers are correct .i have been eating a 1200 calorie diet for nearly a year and only doing cardio I have lost 42kg this way but I have lost so much muscle this way :( I only have 10kg to lose now .i have just started doing weight training .so this is my numbers 
Female 35
Weight :71kg (158pounds) 
Body fat : 32% 
Height : 169cm (66.5 inches) 
Bmr: between 1421 and 1490 
Tdee:2049 (lightly active ) 
So tdee minus 25% is 1536 
Does this sound correct I go to the gym 3 times a week doing 25mins cardio and about 45mins on weight machines 
Thanks for any help scary thinking of eating more after eating 1200 for so long

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    sounds right to me.
    Is the lightly active including your exercise, or your underlying activity?
    If you are lightly active in your job you can add your exercise as well
    If you were counting the exercise to make you lightly active then just eat the 1536 I reckon

All the best

Ease up to it slowly if you are used to 1200
  • vidasioson
    Options
    I'm not sure how many calories I should have as goal either. Does the app automatically compute based on your goals?
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Yes vida the app will auto compute your calories
  • MarieeugeneWODAYS
    Options
    Read Dan's post. It will change your life :) He is quite popular on here. This link should answer all of your questions. And yes, you can set up the app on here to fit your goals. Read the link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi just wanted to make sure my numbers are correct .i have been eating a 1200 calorie diet for nearly a year and only doing cardio I have lost 42kg this way but I have lost so much muscle this way :( I only have 10kg to lose now .i have just started doing weight training .so this is my numbers 
    Female 35
    Does this sound correct I go to the gym 3 times a week doing 25mins cardio and about 45mins on weight machines 

Use the spreadsheet linked in this topic, in the IPOARM group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

Confirm you plan on lifting heavy for you at least 135 min a week (3 x 45 min).
    Confirm your cardio is only some walking, preferably on the other days for blood flow recovery.

You are ready for body re-composition. 25% is too much deficit this close to goal weight too. Barely above BMR there, what are you really feeding your workouts? Anyway ...

Go to the TDEE Deficit tab, the section at the bottom for Deficit methods, and use the BF% and Weight Lifting method, which is calorie cycling to enhance fat loss and LBM building.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Female 35

your mathematics are correct, BMR checks out and everything good from there on in mathematically so thats good.

probably the more experienced athletes will tell you to only have 20% deficit for this last push.

its about BF% and lean muscle mass rather than the scale from this point on.

also go up to your new level slowly, I'm currently increasing by 100cals a week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would suggest a smaller deficit so that you are minimising more muscle loss and maximising fat loss - so 10/15% of your tdee not 25%, and make sure you are getting LOTS of protein (like over 100g per day).

you only need to do a little cardio along with your strength training.
  • birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt drop the calories 25% lower than your 2049 just yet.

Try a week at maybe 1900 or even try 2049 to start and see how much you lose if anything. If you lose 1-2lb whilst eating this much then you have got optimal fat loss whilst eating more claories!!! Winner!!!!
  • Sabra34
    Options
    Thanku everyone I think I will up my calories slowly and see how I go .