which heart rate& calorie counter is zhe best

Options
hi guys

i want to buy a heart rate, calorie counter but i have no idea which could be a good one also about the prizes, i did looking through the www but i dont got it. so i wanna ask u guy for some help to get a good one.

Replies

• katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Love my BodyMedia Fit link armband, but it's not cheap--$179 I think. Has been worth it for me--knowing what you are actually burning is invaluable.
  • Jo5ie
    Jo5ie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4. It was only £50 on amazon and it gives me all the info I need, heart rates, whether I'm working in my fat burning zone, and calories burned. I would recommend it as it is good value for money :)
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it.
  • starletlove
    starletlove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love my BodyMedia Fit link armband, but it's not cheap--$179 I think. Has been worth it for me--knowing what you are actually burning is invaluable.

yes is abit expensiv, i want to spend 50-80sfr. (in £ or $ isnt a big different) but is it easy to use?
  • starletlove
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4. It was only £50 on amazon and it gives me all the info I need, heart rates, whether I'm working in my fat burning zone, and calories burned. I would recommend it as it is good value for money :)

thats sounds good to me, and how easy is it to use?
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bump:flowerforyou:
  • RobynBourgeois
    Options
    The Polar FT4 is very easy to use!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Polar FT 4 is easy to setup and use. The chest strap is comfortable too. I've had mine for about a week now and love it!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar and I love it. I thought it was easy to set up. A couple of steps to enter some stats, I think it included age, weight, date, time. I'm can't remember, but it wasn't much and was not hard to do. It gives me my heartrate, length of time exercised, and calories burned. Mine has a chest strap that measures the heart rate and sends it to a wrist band that calculates everything. All you have to do is put on both parts, then push one button two times to start it. At the end of the exercise, you push another button two times to stop the monitor and it displays the results.

Good luck. I think you will really like having a HRM. You will be confident in your calories-burned because you won't be guessing.
  • starletlove
    Options
    I also have a Polar and I love it. I thought it was easy to set up. A couple of steps to enter some stats, I think it included age, weight, date, time. I'm can't remember, but it wasn't much and was not hard to do. It gives me my heartrate, length of time exercised, and calories burned. Mine has a chest strap that measures the heart rate and sends it to a wrist band that calculates everything. All you have to do is put on both parts, then push one button two times to start it. At the end of the exercise, you push another button two times to stop the monitor and it displays the results.

Good luck. I think you will really like having a HRM. You will be confident in your calories-burned because you won't be guessing.

oh cool, yes i really need one cuz the workout isnt always the same so i need to know how much i burned. so ill checkout the polar one, thx ur comment was really helpful.
  • starletlove
    Options
    :laugh:
    The Polar FT4 is very easy to use!

i need it easy... :laugh: :laugh: no time for complicated stuff:laugh:
  • starletlove
    Options
    Polar FT 4 is easy to setup and use. The chest strap is comfortable too. I've had mine for about a week now and love it!

is the chest strap long enough for big girls they get slimmer? i mean is it invitiuel (idk the word in english) changeable?
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I've had the Polar FT4 for about a month now and I love it. It's very easy to set up and use, and the chest strap is comfortable. I've used it while swimming and I havent had any problems with it.

There are several places in the US that sell the FT4 for about $62.
  • starletlove
    Options
    I've had the Polar FT4 for about a month now and I love it. It's very easy to set up and use, and the chest strap is comfortable. I've used it while swimming and I havent had any problems with it.

There are several places in the US that sell the FT4 for about $62.

hi, sounds really good, and i just ordered one online :) a polar ft4. cant wait to get it. and i made a good prize as well. so should come nest wednesday :happy: :happy:
  • starletlove
    Options
    a big thank u to u all, i ordered today a polar ft4 :)

cant wait to use :)

starlet
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i love the polar ft4!
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I was set on getting a Polar but I found the New Balance at Target on sale and thought wth I'll try it. Great monitor! No problems with it at all and I've had it for four months and used it continuously.

Here is the one I bought. Happy hunting!

http://www.target.com/p/new-balance-pearl-fitness-heart-rate-monitor/-/A-12903488#prodSlot=medium_1_15&term=heart rate monitor
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    LOL didn't read that your ordered one! Nevermind! :blushing: :drinker: :happy:
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    unfortunately the FT4 is the best bet. but it is $160 i considered getting less expensive ones but they seemed to be less accurate. i would suggest save and get the FT4

HAHA Me Niether
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info here all. I have been thinking of getting a heart rate monitor, too. This is good stuff to know.