Home Tone Quickies?

jaycee76
jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I am a very busy Mum of a 6 year old and a very very lively and inquizative 18 month old, who does not have a support network close by to babysit, so going to the gym or anything like that is completely out for me.
I need some ideas of strength exercises that I can do in the house when I can grab the chance - so maybe just 5 minutes here and there.
I do struggle with one of my wrists getting pain if I try and do press ups or the plank or anything like that so if it is because I am doing something wrong manybe you could give me some tips.
I am getting married in December and want to be toned up nicely by then.

Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• helenrandle
    helenrandle Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in a similar situation and I've just hired a treadmill and an exercise bike for 6 months. It's not too costly for the benefit of being able to exercise at your convenience - as long as you can keep the kids away from the machines!
    Also started a routine of lunges, squats, ab work and hand weights too.
    Good luck :-)
  • anirlz
    anirlz Posts: 18 Member
    I would say get some light weights...and maybe some workout videos. Here is a site that might give you some good ideas to get you started. It has some other good info as well.

http://www.women-workout-routines.com/free-workout-routines.html
  • amandahm
    amandahm Posts: 3
    The first thing I bought was a $5 skipping rope... I just pop out to my balcony... 5 min here and there jumping rope can add up ;) ps get the ones with ball bearings. My g/f uses canned food for little weights get yourself a wrist brace about $15 from the drugstore... start with doing your "press ups" just leaned into a wall to strengthen your arms/wrists first till you have built them up.

Keep Pushin' Sister!
    -A
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Resistance bands an exercise ball (there are a few that come with a dvd) and some light weight dumbbells.

Doug
  • wildjoker81
    wildjoker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Try doing the pushups on your knuckles, sounds like it would hurt more but if you get some padding underneath it wont hurt your knuckles and it'll actually support your weight better than bending your hands out flat. Resistance bands will kick your butt too.
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Try doing the pushups on your knuckles, sounds like it would hurt more but if you get some padding underneath it wont hurt your knuckles and it'll actually support your weight better than bending your hands out flat. Resistance bands will kick your butt too.

Thanks - loving that idea with the knuckle hopefully that will make things easier!

I should have probably said that I have loads of work out dvds and I own a treadmill. Cardio is not a problem its the strength. I have some small weights but don't want to buy any heavier ones as they take up space.
    I need to kind of do it during the day when I have 5 kind of 'get down and give me 10
    whatever' then I carry on doing what I was iygwim? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.