Options

Replies

• timeforachange2011
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for taking the time to make such positive, thoughtful comments. I've gotten teary several times today just out of gratitude for all the nice words. To think that I'm now inspiring other people... what a joy. To answer the question of how I did it: First, I tracked my calories. I went from 1800 (probably the first 6 months) down to where I am now, which is 1500, and I always ate my exercise calories back if I was hungry, but never if I wasn't. I was doing taekwondo 2-3x a week. Now, because of a scheduling conflict, I can only do tkd once a week. I started body weight exercises last month (modified push ups, lunges, squats) and that took me from a size 9/10 at 150 lbs. to a size 5/6 at 150 lbs. Seriously just working out at home. Next week I will start Russian Kettlebells. I am upping my calories to 1600 for that, and will eat my exercise calories if I want. The last few months I have started to focus more on my macros. When I was first logging, just tracking calories was overwhelming enough. I think that the biggest "secret" for me is what people call "patience". I personally call it "stubbornness". Every day, I woke up determined that I would be the boss of me. I was sick of people pressuring me to eat. I was sick of people inferring that I wouldn't be able to lose. I was sick of being treated like I was inferior. Every setback and every plateau, I just quietly endured, and refused to give up. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME QUIT. That has been my weapon.
  • kestrema19
    Options
    wow you look great! :) congrats! keep up the good work! You can do it! :) God bless <3
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    I don't have pictures of me at my highest weight (235 lbs.), but here is the difference that 60 lbs. can make! I'm 5'7".

beforeafteroct2012.jpg

Beloved Friend, You inspire me so much! My health does not permit me to exercise the way you do, or be as active as you but I desire the same results by eating healthy and eating less calories. Thank You for sharing these pictures, and thank you for keeping me motivated with your encouraging words.

Congrates !! u look Awesome :)

keep up the Hard Work !!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow = amazing! You look fabulous
  • Kfarrell6
    Kfarrell6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Seeing your progress made my day. I weigh 210 and my goal is 150a and I am your height!
  • hkestner
    hkestner Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!
  • tbetz1
    tbetz1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! You look great
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! Not only do you look skinny, YOU LOOK HEALTHY!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome go you
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Awesome Job:):) Really Congratulations:):)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you look great! Congrats!
  • sr_maggie
    sr_maggie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job! (and go Twins!) taekwondo is so much fun. thanks for sharing your success!
  • kellimr
    Options
    You look SO fantastic!! You have given me renewed faith on my journey TODAY!! My starting weight is similar to yours and my goal weight is 155 and I am 5'6". If I look even CLOSE to you when I reach my goal I will be ecstatic! EXCELLENT job!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    What a difference!!! great job!!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!!! Amazing!!! You look fantastic!!!
  • FDwife153
    FDwife153 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    this is such a great photo of inspiration to me--we're the same height, same starting weight and same ending weight. thanks for showing me what i'm working towards! :)
  • may5454
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats!
  • Whisper236
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look amazing!!!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Fabulous results. You have done so good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!