is this enough to eat for the day?

Options
breakfast:; 2 weetabix with skimmed milk

lunch: low fat philli with cucumber sandwich (2 small warburton wholemeal slices) followed by 0% fat greek yogurt

snack: granny smith apple

dinner: white fish with green beans and spinach

Replies

• 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    no way to tell since you have not given any info on height weight age sex daily activity levels and exercise program - the amount you need to eat to generate a safe daily deficit depends on the answers to those questions
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    That sounds depressing and seriously lacking in nutrients. Too low in protein and what's with all the fat hating?! I didn't bother adding up the calories but I can't be very high. Honestly there's no need to torture yourself. This should be a healthy lifestyle not a punishing diet!
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Almost no info on your profile - 19 year old female who want to lose 9 pounds. Use the MFP guidelines and set it to lose .5 pounds a week. When you have less to lose you have to approach it at a slower pace. Eat at whatever calorie goal MFP gives you and eat back your exercise calories.
  • fope5
    fope5 Posts: 20
    Options
    i'm 19 years old and weigh 7 stone
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    i'm 19 years old and weigh 7 stone

Ninety-eight pounds?! How tall are you?
  • fope5
    Options
    5 foot 3?
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You don't need to lose weight. If you start thinking about how you can build muscle you might end up happier with your body.
  • fope5
    Options
    i'm not i'm trying to maintain my weight :/
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

then eat more, much more... probably around 1300-1700 calories per day depending on how active you are
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

Have you set it to maintain on here? It'll tell you your calories
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Wait?!...you're 5'3" and 98 pounds?! EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That is definitely not enough for me, but I'm on 1800 calories.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ok, first of all, I'm not going to yell at you b/c you probably just don't know. You need to modify your settings to say your maintaining, not wanting to lose. Accurately input your activity level and it will tell you how many calories you need to eat every day. As you input the food you eat it will tell you how many calories you have consumed and how many you left for the day.

Bottom line though, you need to eat a little more to maintain. :wink:
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    98 lbs and 5'3...honey rethink this, I won't say what i am really thinking..but if you THINK you need to loose an oz then something is really wrong with this picture, boost up your calories and do some wieghts to build muscle. PLEASE PLEASE don't try to loose any wieght.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    your dinner looks great but add come carbs.... Just add a few more meals like that mixing it up and your good to go. Aim for balance and more calories!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Look at my profile pic - no one would ever EVER call me fat. I'm 5'4" and weigh 124. My daughter who is a ballerina and also a triathlete is 5'1" and weighs 101.

EAT! Work on building muscle, and who cares what the scale says. You should not be trying to maintain, you should be trying to get healthy.

Good luck honey.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    98 lbs and 5'3...honey rethink this, I won't say what i am really thinking..but if you THINK you need to loose an oz then something is really wrong with this picture, boost up your calories and do some wieghts to build muscle. PLEASE PLEASE don't try to loose any wieght.

I agree with this answer completely. Please start lifting weights, it will help you with your appetite and make you very pretty and healthy. You need to find some more interesting foods, learn to enjoy eating, we are meant to eat and enjoy. Wishing you the best sweetie, and hoping for you to get off the too skinny track.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    No. You are anorexic. I'm 5ft 3 and I weighed that when I was anorexic/bulimic myself. Get help, please. Professional help. The image you see of yourself is not accurate!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna go w no even though I don't know what wheetabix is.

include more protein....soy milk (skim milk isn't very filling imo), eggs, peanut butter, nuts (pistachios are a fav of mine). Also you should still try to include more veggies and fruit. Try adding a piece of fruit to your breakfast. Have some carrots, butternut squash, lentils, etc with lunch. Just from this 1 day's entry it seems like you are focusing on green veggies, which are of course good for you but attempt to include fruits and veggies off as many varied colors as possible.

With how few calories you are consuming, there is no need for low/no carb anything. Carbs aren't evil, they just aren't. In fact you need carbohydrates for your body to function at optimal levels.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am of a mind to think that you are uneducated regarding what you body truly needs and that you came here looking for assistance, not reprimands. I see you are trying to maintain. I would recommend looking at that option on the goals settings and log the information from your meals in there. I am willing to bet that what you have listed is actually woefully under what your body really needs in order to do what you are asking it to do through your day (even without exercise).
    At 5'3" - 98 pounds and sedentary activity level, your body burns around 1450 calories per day (that is basically desk job, no exercise). If you are eating less than that you are short-changing yourself. Your body needs protein, carbs AND fats to function properly and keep you looking and feeling healthy. If you are exercising, you need to give your body the additional fuel it needs to perform also.

Try putting your calories at the maintenance level and let yourself enjoy life at that level for a few weeks. If you have been eating as little as you indicated on a routine basis, you WILL see some weight gain at first BUT don't change anything until your body has a chance to get used to the fact that you are actually 'paying' it what it deserves. After a few weeks (3 or 4), if you haven't leveled off and seem to continue to gain, drop by a hundred calories for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. You can continue to tweak this way until you figure out what works for your metabolism.

I am concerned that you are eating so little at such a young age and according to charts, you are actually underweight by a percent or two (based on the average). Now, that being said, I realize that we are not ALL average.

Keep in mind that weight is not the truly definitive factor in health and fitness. It is only a tool for measurement and the scale doesn't know ANYTHING about your actual physical makeup. It ONLY can tell you the effect of gravity on your body and nothing else. No percentage of fat, no water weight indications, no muscular density information, nothing like that, only the gravity pull on your total mass. Please don't let a scale define you.

That was the 'LONG' answer to your question. The 'SHORT' answer: NO, you need to eat more!

EDIT: I took your initial list and added up all the calories for what you provided and it was less than 1000 calories. (and that was with me giving you 3 tablesoons Philly, the entire cucumber on your sandwich and a full cup of yogurt) That is less than what your body needs to function if you lay in bed all day and did nothing but breathe. (based on BMR) ... just sayin'