See a good movie over the weekend?

Options

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I saw Inglorious Basterds last night. I didn't think I'd like it, but I liked it a lot.
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
  • beachbaby18
    Options
    If you haven't seen sorority row, zombieland, or hangover, those 3 movies are AMAZING! lol. zombieland is a scary movie but it's funny as well. the hangover will probably make you pee yourself because it's just so funny. lol. and sorority row is really scary. but it's also really good. i've been wanting to see dear john in theaters for so long but i haven't had time to go. that movie is a real tear jerker i've heard.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    my husband wants to see District 9, has anyone seen that?
  • Mina133842
    Options
    ok, so watched District 9, reminded me of an X-files meets Cops episode, but my husband enjoyed it. Also rented 2012, that was pretty good actually - love seeing Woody Harrelson in movies lately, he's had some pretty funny roles! ;)
  • Mina133842
    Options
    Went to see Date Night on Friday, was cute and funny - totally laughed about it (since hubby and I were on a date night) if you go to see it, make sure to stay until after the end credits- they were showing some outtakes throughout the credits, and we stayed, and there was another outtake at the very end. FYI. cute movie!
  • beachbaby18
    Options
    The last song was such a good movie. If you haven't seen it, you definately should. It definately will make you cry though. I really want to go see Alice in Wonderland, She's Out of My League, The Bounty Hunter, and Date Night. I'm not sure if they are good though. I heard that Alice In Wonderland was really dumb. The other 3 look very funny though. I'm going to see Oceans on Earth Day. :smile:
  • beachbaby18
    Options

Awe I really wanted to see that movie.
  • SteelersfanChris
    Options
    I saw Kick-*kitten* over the weekend and LOVED it but it's definitely not for everybody
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    It rained all weekend in WI so I watched:

Julie & Julia (To my surprise I really liked this movie, but it was all about food and really good food, so don't watch it hungry)
    The Men who Stare at Goats (This movie had a really weird plot so that was interesting, but it dragged a little)
    The Hangover (Hilarious! Very highly recommended)
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I have wondered about the Men who Stare at Goats movie, it looks kinda funny, but it also has that potential (like the last George Clooney film I watched - Burn After Reading) that all the really funny scenes are actually in the previews...

I loved the Hangover, found it pretty funny and entertaining..

watched part of Paul Blart, Mall Cop over the weekend on one of our movie channels, and laughed...the Hello Kitty Bandaid gets me every time..
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Saw "Nothing Like The Holidays" Saturday night. Very good movie.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    We watched Avatar (finally) this weekend. Loved it.

Loved Alice in Wonderland, The Ugly Truth and The Hangover (though that could have been funnier)

The Wolfman was pretty lame, although it made me jump a couple of times.

:flowerforyou: jewel
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    We saw How To Train Your Dragon last Friday. TOTALLY CUTE!!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Went and saw Clash of the Titans, it was pretty good. And for the person wondering about Men Who Stare at Goats, it was a lot different than I thought it would be and the funniest parts are in the previews. :smile:
  • kathymurphy
    Options
    7 pounds with will smith was interesting. may keep you off the phone while you drive.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Saw Avatar this weekend -- AWESOME!!!!
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    I saw Iron Man 2!
  • Mina133842
    Options
    well, was it good?
  • Mina133842
    Options
    rented Sherlock Holmes from the redbox, did enjoy it (and was surprised - not sure why I thought I wouldn't like it, other than thought they maybe should have used a British actor - Hugh Laurie for instance, or Hugh Jackman, or someone with an English accent existing).

We also rented the Box - the movie with Cameron Diaz, but I can definitely say, don't waste your $1. I didn't like it at all, had way too much build up of like a zombie movie with some kind of outer space thing going on, and not enough of a back story development I thought. Lame.