Looking for support friends here are my weaknesses.

Options
Hi.
I have been on MFP for almost a week and love it.So pissed I have wasted all that $$ and time with weight watchers! I am getting a lot of motivation from reading the community boards and Im ready to get some friends for some more support!
Here are my strengths:
1. I workout almost every day , mostly that means a 3 mile dog walk, with a few runnning bursts and i anticipate the running bursts to pick up due to daylight savings time and I have walking in the dark park alone at night. lol.
2. I log all of my food every day even when i have BEER for dinner.
3. I am determined to take off this extra 50 pounds by this summer.
NOW my Weaknesses:
1. I love to have BEER for dinner.And its not even light beer.
2. I have a mean sweet tooth and need to get it under control.
3. I have yo yo ed sooo much that its hard to believe that I can lose this weight.
4. OH and my husband is a junk food junkie...so yes it exists in my house and i need to learn will power.
SOOOO what im looking for is some friend especially those who publish their food journals so that I can get some motivation as to what to eat instead of BEER for dinner :tongue:
Please friend me and motivate me.

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi there, not a beer drinker, but a former WW. I would be happy to be friends. Welcome
  • stephske2
    Options
    Hi There,
    I also wasted too much $$ and time on WW, I know it works for some but wasn't holding me accountable. I have found this site extremely helpful. Always looking for more supportive friends!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

And if you're exercising everyday and eating healthy the rest of the time, I don't see the harm in having a beer and a small dessert after dinner. After dinner, not for dinner. haha
  • Leahbcc
    Leahbcc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Reaching out and asking for help is a great step...Know what you want and setting goals also a BIG plus. Don't give up everything at once and enjoy your beer with your dinner....Know that with each step you are making strides
  • ljdsmith
    Options
    i feel more in control with MFP. I feel like calorie worth is more realistic than points.
  • ljdsmith
    Options
    LOL. i just write on my hand AFTER DINNER. to remind myself.
  • barberella
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm not a beer drinker, but rather an avid, casual (ok, a little more than that) whiskey drinker. It looks as if we have a lot of things in common when it comes to this losing weight thing. I, too, have yo-yo'ed so much with my most recent gain of 15 pounds since March. I just watched it come on and didn't do **** about it. But since Oct. 9th, I'm walking 60-75 minutes a day with some running and have only weighed myself once since then. (In the past that contributed to my yo-yo'ing; expecting instant results all the time and getting frustrated if I didn't see them).

I have never been on WW, but know a few friends who are doing it online and it seems like the exact same thing this offers, but for free and this has always helped me and kept me in check...even when I drink!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My darling other half works at a brewery, and not the kind that makes light beer. He is also a junk food junky. I totally get where you are coming from.
  • theladyxena
    theladyxena Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was reading the posts on this and I am with you. I've been struggling and made today my day 1 to start again. I went back and forth thinking should I join WW? Not to mention the cost of the monthly passes, but the time out of my day traveling back and forth. This looks so much more user friendly. I need friends who will support me. Hubby is a junk food junkie and says he's being supportive by having junk food in the house, because it will make me a stronger person! HA! I need a different kind of support right now.
  • carolinagirl0
    carolinagirl0 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    fell free to send me a friend request. We all need motivation and support.
  • ljdsmith
    Options
    wellll since we are being honest...I drink a ton of whiskey and vodka!! LOL!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I too am a former WW client. I do not like counting points and I didn't lose on it after about 10 different attempts!! welcome. I just joined this site this week and I like it.

not much of a drinker, have a teenager in the home with a substance abuse issue.
  • karen9163
    karen9163 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello from one beer drinker to another. I prefer light beer, so at least it is not as bad. I have also found that by adding a lime or two drinking the light beers are much more enjoyable. I am also a yo-yo dieter and gym goer. I have been doing MFP for 40 days now and have lost almost 24 lbs. I still have my beer and account for it, and still get my spurts with junk food. the only thing is that instead of 6 cookies I look at the calories and decide that one will be enough to sastify my craving. And if I know I am gonna be bad (special dinner) I make sure that I work out a little harder and extra at the gym.
  • ljdsmith
    Options
    great advice!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Been completely dry since Apr. 22, 1988... Last did WW in 2008... What a waste of money! Lost 100 pounds gained it back plus 30... Lost 60 pounds gained it back plus 40... So done with plans and gimmicks... Just being responsible.
  • asglovesdaisy
    Options
    hello and welcome!
    i was looking for those like you this morning! am also looking for support, i have lost 50 pounds without my fitness pal, i am still pretty young,25 , and i HAVE HAD IT with be fat!!!!!! i still have atleast 60 pounds left to lose and am more than willing to be of support and to recieve support as well ,
  • ljdsmith
    Options
    50# thats awesome!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime WW member, but realized that going back and forth on it and gaining and regaining the weight was not working for me. When they added the unlimited vegetables and fruit, I gained weight! My husband is a big beer drinker. We always have a keg in our house. He was filling it with Coors Light, but then I started cutting carbs so now he fills it with Shiner because he knows I won't drink it. I switched to white wine and it goes to my head faster and I only need a couple of glasses compared to a bucket before. I have been losing weight, but struggle on the weekends because we party so much. Just eat lighter when you know you are going to have beer. One of my friends just lost 50 pounds and still has her 1 regular bill every night. Just log everything, eat less, and get moving. You can do it. It sounds like you have a great support team here.
  • fitnessQueenUK
    fitnessQueenUK Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile:

I have plenty of motivation when it comes to others but lack in applying it myself :laugh: :laugh:
  • michellemains1983
    Options
    Hey, you can feel free to add me if you want::)

I am not a former WW or a beer drinker...But, I had struggled with my weight for years. I am 29 years old and a newly wed...recently got married this June 2012. I live in kentucky, I just like the idea of this website..because..everyone's a part of a support group...and I keep giving up easily-while feeling like I'm a loner in my weight loss journey. If you want to be "Fitness pals" that'll be great..if not, that'll be just fine too...I'll understand, I promise :)