Hi! starting today....and ready

Options
Hi, I just signed up this morning and more than ready! I'm really concerned about the 1200 calories a day. I hope this goes well! Wish me luck!

Replies

• Ysabel
    Ysabel Posts: 4
    Options
    Good Luck! I started a few days ago, but just signed up yesterday.

Cheers :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just signed up this morning and more than ready! I'm really concerned about the 1200 calories a day. I hope this goes well! Wish me luck!

You can sooooo do this! Welcome and good luck on your journey!
    Fab50
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/84997-skinny-saturday-challenge-3
  • MaryKBallard
    Options
    Hello to you too! At first the 1200 goal is hard, but it forces you to make healthy choices to reach you goal. I try to stay within 150 pounds of the goal and then I exercise to make up the difference. I don't stay under every day but I'm much better than when I first started:) Just don't give up and check out people who have lost a lot of weight using this site...they are very encouraging and have great tips for cutting out those fattening calories! Good luck and have fun!
    Mary B.
    :flowerforyou:
  • rlinson
    rlinson Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you work out, be sure to eat your workout calories - in other words, if you do an activity that consumes 400 calories, you can add 400 calories to your 1200. If you are finding it difficult to get down to 1200, take a 30 minute (fast paced) walk or something like that to give yourself a buffer. Best wishes to you!!
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    I was really worried about the 1200 cal when I first started too. It seemed way low,but I figured I would give it a try. After I changed my eating habbits, adding way more vegetables, mesuring my food to make sure I had the right portion size, eating more chicken and less hambergers, cooking at home instead of fast food, adding even more vegetables, cutting back on breads and pasta, and did I mention adding vegetables, I actually have gotten to the point that I have to make sure I am getting enough calories on most days.
  • tinap1
    tinap1 Posts: 27
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement! I bought myself a treadmill so there is no stopping me now :smile: I cant wait to see results!!!
  • st5908
    st5908 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm SO new to doing this, but at this point I can use all the help and encouragement I can get! I see there is a couple of us just starting, maybe we can all help each other!!:happy:
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    Welcome...if you stick with a healthy diet....you will have NO PROBLEMS with the 1200...seriously....Add in the exercise and it increases your calories...so more good quality food you can eat. Try it...you will be amazed!!
  • MSPENCE
    MSPENCE Posts: 31
    Options
    Best of luck on your new journey. The support on MFP is incredable!!!!
    We are all here for you.
  • Pfleugerd
    Pfleugerd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just signed up today too! I am totally motivated to do this....and make life changes!! Good luck to you on your journey...
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! MFP is a great place to get started and you'll find lots of support and motivation here!
  • tinap1
    tinap1 Posts: 27
    Options
    ok everyone so today was NOT a good day!! I went shopping with my daughter and eneded up at Mongolan Grill then had a blizzard......lets hope tomorrow is better. I really need to find my inner strength with this.
  • drholly245
    Options
    i know what you mean, its hard at first staying under but before long it gets easier and easier!!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    much easier to plan it out ahead of time, like if you are going to the mall, look up restaurants on line and figure out what you can eat. I know it doesn't sound like as much fun as a blizzard, but it really helps keep on track. For sure eat your exercise calories, it makes all the difference. Get walking, on the wii or what ever rocks your boat! Good luck and keep checking back in! :flowerforyou: