I HATE MY SCALE!

Options
I'm new here and yes it is hard to stay motivated.. especially whenever you worked your butt off consumed less calories than your allowed and the scale goes up a couple. makes you want to say wtf. I'm on here everyday and need motivational friends. :)

Replies

• JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like =)
  • svanzile
    svanzile Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • tatitravels
    tatitravels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You WILL NOT see results over night!!! Stay focused and make sure you are also working out and drinking plenty of water!!!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Don't eat less than 1200 cals or you'll hit "starvation mode". Very touch subject on this website.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Why do you eat less cals than you're allowed? And put that poor little scale away...Not its fault...Lol!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    *sigh* Weight gain like that is water. It's perfectly normal. Toss the scale. Take measurements instead.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    toss the scale get out the measuring tape. Eat!
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You can also add me if you'd like!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Weigh in once per week at most. Body weight fluctuates from morning to evening and day to day... You want to see a trend not the daily cycle of adding a quart of water, two pounds btw... or just sweat off two pounds of fluid. Make sure that you keep hydrating and improve the quality of your food to improve the overall quality of your health. Don't try to be perfect over night... It took you months or years to get to where you are it may take nearly as long to reverse the process.
  • RLehotsky
    RLehotsky Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I guess that has always been my problem most of the time I either don't eat enough. Then I will have a cheat day and eat more.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It took my scale a while to move as well...I was beginning to think it did not like me! Now it is finally slowly moving in the right direction!
  • jaimesoo
    jaimesoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I agree ^... try to eat your 1200 and stick around there but eating too far below that will only hurt your efforts as your body will go into starvation mode and hang on to stuff ergo the scale goes up or stays put. Trust me on this... i have MANY years experience with ups, downs and plateaus. Try that for awhile... also a meet and exceeding your protein goals too might help. Another thing to maybe try for to start would be weighing yourself only once or maybe 2x a week - your weight will fluctuate DAILY and it can be tough on the mentality. Hang in there. We all have your back! :flowerforyou:
  • TexanThom
    Options
    "It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools"
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Best advise.. loose the scale... Hide it for a month.. I weigh-in once a month.. I love it!! Just a number babe. Take measurements too.. Keep working hard and you'll see the differnces!!
  • ditalini
    ditalini Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I once literally tossed the scale out the bathroom window and the thing had the nerve to still work! Stay off the scale for a week. Pick a non-scale goal for now. It can be to drink your water everyday, to faithfully log here everyday, or to "treat yourself" to positive feedback when you're feeling low. Good luck! And feel free to add me. I can use some friends. :)
  • susanstar88
    susanstar88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me too - hating my scale that is! And my doc said 'EAT 1200 calories! That is tough for me but I've managed for a couple of weeks ... yes, sounds crazy but I do not eat enough food. Tried tons of diets - including WW & others -- not enough food to drop pounds. At least with my fitness -- I can still cook like I want (on of my passions) and enter every bite (which I am doing) --- and exercise (that I am doing also).

I am trying to stay off the scale (thinking of moving it to another room - away from both hubby & me) -- I've limited my wines to 2-3 per week (blah) and eating 1200 per day. Maybe this next week will make a difference.

Thank you one & all for listening --- or not! At least I can write ... and write and write more!!!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I retain water like a sponge. ESPECIALLY when I'm dieting! My body is throughly convinced it should be over 200 pounds even if it has to be in water weight. My poor scale gets to hear me complain at it most days. My measurements are smaller but my scale is sitting there saying, "No, you're up X number of pounds". For me, it's water weight. Good luck with your diet. Don't be discouraged.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    "It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools"

I like that
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, but keep on making the right choices and eventually the scale will catch up. I have been down this road more than a few times, and determined to make this my last.

Feel free to add me if you like!!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Look at the scale as just one of the tools in your arsenal to track and maintain your weight and good health. Measurements are also important, and those can tell a lot more than the scale in some cases.

I personally step on it daily in the morning, just as a mental reminder of the road I've taken. I only log weekly.

Good luck and feel free to add me. I am on almost daily and try to read every diary and help when possible. I also like help in return.