is this enough to eat for the day?

Options
2»

Replies

• kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry hunni but you need more food, especially protein, have a lean chicken breast if you're 'scared of fat' or tofu perhaps.

I also think you need to seriously consider talking to a professional. If I was your mother, I'd ensure you're seeing a counselor or a therapist.

According to the metropolitan life tables, you should be 124 - 138 lbs
  • feather314
    Options
    My daughter (almost 14) is 5'4" and weighs around 98-100 lbs. She's a size 0 but eats like a horse!!!! I swear it all goes to her feet (10 or larger in women's).

I don't think you need to lose weight but perhaps focus on being healthy. You say you want to maintain your weight? Adjust your MFP profile to reflect that instead of having it set to lose half a pound per week. Be sure to include an accurate activity level as well.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    These are how many calories you should be eating a day to maintain, depending on your activity level:

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job - 1546
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) - 1771
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) - 1996
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2222
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) - 2447

However, as much as I don't really agree with the way BMI calculates things, yours is currently 17.4. You are UNDERWEIGHT. You need to gain, not maintain.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    These are how many calories you should be eating a day to maintain, depending on your activity level:

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job - 1546
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) - 1771
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) - 1996
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2222
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) - 2447

However, as much as I don't really agree with the way BMI calculates things, yours is currently 17.4. You are UNDERWEIGHT. You need to gain, not maintain.

this!