Running Apps

Options
I am finally back to running and loving it. I started MFP 90 days ago and have lost 29 pounds. I finally feel focused and very motivated! I have always been an active and athletic person, but like many women, am a yoyo when it comes to weight and often fall off the wagon and get lazy. Just glad to be back into running and actually to the point where I enjoy it again.

I am currently using RunKeeper for my running App. I really like it, but sometimes I think the accuracy is slightly off. What apps does everyone else use?

Replies

• AndreaSchultz77
    Options
    Nobody uses any running apps out there?
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am pretty fond of Runmeter on my iphone.
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i have used runkeeper, nike+ gps and mapmyrun. i can say that runkeeper is my favorite.

with nike+ gps, i have lost runs or had the mileage not accumulate even with the timer going. after there is no way to manually enter your run. mapmyrun is ok but runkeeper is more user friendly and i like the newer changes they have made.

of course i run the phone app along with my polar rcx5 which is my absolute favorite although it isnt an app :)
  • olemissgal00als
    olemissgal00als Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I second runkeeper but if you want to invest in a watch the Garmen GPS watches are awesome (just remember to charge it) and I love my Nike+ watch.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    nike+running for me
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper! It is the only one that has been consistent and accurate, and I have about 4 or 5 others on my phone that I need to delete...

Feel free to add me if you are looking for more running friends, I run A LOT. Half marathon next weekend and training for a full in January :)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I am getting rid of runtastic, it is not accurate in my opinion...I have runkeeper, so I will go back to using that one.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    RUNKEEPER RUNKEEPER RUNKEEPER.

If your accuracy is slightly off you won't find better accuracy on other apps as its all however your phone GPS is communicating with it.

I've used a few and found over all Runkeeper without a doubt to be the best.

Make sure you have updated the App as there is better gps handling issues actually.
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyrun ....it is AMAZING.
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    I have been using Runtastic Pro...it works for my running and cycling. Great app for me.
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Map My Run is what I use! I love it!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper and it's always been accurate for me. Sometimes in low coverage areas the gps is a bit weak, but it always seems to find the signal.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I use MiCoach by Adidas. It's free and work pretty well. Tracks running, cycling, walking, etc. Maps and graphs everything, and has a web interface. Pretty decent for free software.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have used Runkeeper, but for me, it loses the GPS signal a lot. Maybe it's just my neighborhood. I use Nike+ now because I love the feature that allows me to track how many miles I've put on my running shoes. I also use Endomondo now that it automatically syncs with MFP. I like not having to log my exercise manually.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper. It seems to be one of the more accurate apps, plus you can't beat the price.
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper :happy: Love it!!!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin for actual run stats, but a totally fun running app to make runs more exciting is "Zombies, Run!". It interjects a storyline in between your playlist songs and you also get randomly chased by moaning zombies which builds in a little interval training for you. It also keeps track of speed, time, distance, etc. It's also an interactive game because you pick up supplies during your run which you use to build up your base camp. Good stuff!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    My life might actually be complete the day Runkeeper syncs with MFP.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    My life might actually be complete the day Runkeeper syncs with MFP.
    I don't know, until I get a HRM that my phone can use I still enter calories from my Polar. It doesn't take more than 10 seconds to add it to MFP anyway.