The Melting Pot

Options
Going out for double date night with the hubby, my sister and her bf to the melting pot, now WHAT DO I EAT?? I have about 900 calories left any suggestions I have never been and the website does not have calories info (which is a major pet peeve of mine) Any info would be great, thanks!

Replies

• harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    WOW that is a tough one I am going to be no help in this situation all I can say is good luck. (ugggh that place is so good miss it LOL)
  • eepidee
    eepidee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I suggest you skip the cheese/bread. Eat the veggies, chix & seafood. And try a little tiny bit if the dessert. It is my favorite place to eat but I have never been on a diet when Ive gone. Good luck!
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    If you get the court de bouillion cooking broth (instead of the oil) you should be making food in a healthy way. You have to be careful if you eat the cheese fondue or the dessert fondue but my husband and I sometimes even just share a regular meal (like steak and chicken) and it comes with veggies and we find it very filling. Now this reminds me, we have a gift certificate for the place ... hmmm.

Enjoy! It's romantic.
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow that didn't go well at all, it was all so good I couldn't help myself! Thanks for the suggestions, I tried to follow them! Good eating but back on the wagon tomorrow!
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    Hey- the first step to weight loss is just knowing you were wrong. were all glad you enjoyed it, but were even more glad that your jumping back on tomorrow. Life isn't about losing all the weight NOW...its just about feeling good about yourself and being happy! Get to that place, and maintain! It won't happen overnight. In 10 years you'll look back and laugh! Just stay the road. Eventually a trucker has to stop at a pitstop to fill up if you catch my drift! :drinker:
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    i did the same last week, and it was my first week here I ended up with no loss on the scale. I just enjoyed, and skipped desert.
    The first course of bread and veggies is my fave, and the dips for the meats are to die for. Good thing its too expensive to go often!