very new to exercise!

Options
Im a mom to a 17 month old, and I just want to get this weight off by his 2nd birthday! I live in a very small space and need ideas for exercises I can do while he naps!

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Can't you bundle him into a stroller and hit the roads to walk?

You can get lots of exercise DvDs from youtube. I found 30DS and Insanity both on there.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Since you have to stay in the house with him, why not try picking up some exercise DVDs? There's a lot of them out there.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Exercise DVD's! I relied on them a lot when my kids were little (although back then they were videos, DVD hadn't been invented lol). My faves now a days are Leslie Sansone and Jillian Michaels!
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Exercise DVDs or YouTube videos. There are tons of work outs on bodyrock tv (google it for the actual website).

For DVDs, if you don't want to spend the money before you try it, either YouTube the videos or try to check them out from your local library. Then search Amazon or other sites like it for the videos you do like.

Jillian Michaels annoys me, but the work out is effective. If I muted her, I'd be happier.

Also, jump rope is really easy and effective full body.

Squats, jumping jacks, push ups, dips (on a chair or bench) - all effective and you can just use your bodyweight. There are other ones out there too if you want more just Google bodyweight exercises.
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend blogilates.com. Cassey will get you motivated and even though her workouts are tough, her positive attitude will get you through them. She has a workout calendar, so you'll know exactly what videos to do each day, and the November calendar just started so now is a great time to try her out. :)
  • MeganPett87
    Options
    thank you all very much, I will check some videos out!