Holiday's and Junk Food!

Options
It is only the start of the holiday season and already there is junk food everywhere at work! I work in a hospital and kind people are always bringing candy and food! Today there are bowls of candy everywhere!!!!!!! I have been resisting so far today but I have five hours left to go today and I will be back for another 12 hrs tomorrow! Really don't want to mess up all my hard work with junk food this holiday season! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Pack some trail mix. It has the same basic stuff in it as a candy bar, but it's cleaner and healthier.
  • _shortstack
    _shortstack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Pack some trail mix. It has the same basic stuff in it as a candy bar, but it's cleaner and healthier.

^ this. Make sure to have healthier snacks on hand! :)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    What do you do to not eat candy outside of the "holiday" season? Do that during the holiday season. Problem solved :)
  • cindyperry7
    Options
    What do you do to not eat candy outside of the "holiday" season? Do that during the holiday season. Problem solved :)

Normally, there isn't candy and junk food everywhere I turn tempting me. I usually don't have it in the house or I will be tempted. Trail mix is a good idea that I hadn't thought of. I do try to bring healthy snacks like almonds, a fruit, or something of that nature....
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

Normally, there isn't candy and junk food everywhere I turn tempting me. I usually don't have it in the house or I will be tempted. Trail mix is a good idea that I hadn't thought of. I do try to bring healthy snacks like almonds, a fruit, or something of that nature....

Just put on the blinders and go on with your day :) OR....allot some calories so you can enjoy a piece or two. Nomnomnom
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I was eating a lot of the Halloween candy at work until I decided I would log each and every piece into my food diary. That put a stop to it pretty fast! I didn't want to log 500 pieces a candy (and all of their calories) each day.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Bring your own snack. But it wouldnt hurt to have a couple pieces of candy as long as you log it
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Cut up celery, bell peppers, carrots and any other crunchy veggies you like in small strips. They last forever and you feel like you are eating a lot. Also make sure to drink your water. When you're on your feet all day it's sometimes easy to forget, but that helps quelch the cravings.
  • cindyperry7
    Options
    Thank's for the suggestions.... I will have to try them. I sure would like some baby carrots right now :) Will have to bring some tomorrow :)