New to MFP, want to meet new people

Options
Hi, I am a 25 and i have been struggling with weight since my sophomore year of college. There are times on my days off where i will sit in front of a tv and eat an entire bag of chips without realizing until theyre all gone. Then there are times where i feel bad about my body and begin working out. I could never keep the weight off though. I would get cravings while dieting and then give up my whole routine of being on a diet. I love cooking and baking... I love the food network channel. I am currently a cake decorator and enjoy cooking at home but i don't know how to cook very many healthy meals. I am hoping to meet others who can share recipes that are healthy. I am ready for a change. I believe this app will challenge me to lose the weight and keep it off for good. I hope...

Replies

• yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello there and welcome, please feel free to add me. You will have loads of support on here. Just remember we all have bad eating days and work out days. But for me it's about not beating myself about it anymore and just start fresh the next day with a different attitude and workout goal. You will make it.
  • Katt1320
    Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi! We've all been there. Hopefully this tool will make it easier on you. Loads of advice (don't live by it, they're not doctors), support, feedback. Also you won't believe the number of foods that are in that freaking database. I haven't found anything yet that they don't have and I've been here almost a month.

Feel free to add me if you like. We could all use more support!!!
  • princessanna2662
    Options
    You need to take the "I will attitude" not the "I hope attitude'". I think it is really about being ready - It has taken me many years of being over weight to finally get to that point but I am here. I know without a doubt that I will continue to work this no matter how long it takes, because I am worth it, and i will get healthy...there is no option for failure. I ofcourse have goals I am working towards. It also is about finding what works for you to sustain this as apart of your life, your daily activites. Find something you love - I started doing kickboxing, and that makes me feel so strong, and releases all of my stress - that I wouldnt give it up. the eating has been a lot easier then I thought, and the cravings start to diminish a litle when you dont eat that crap all the time, i look for alternatives that satisfy me , and dont make me feel deprived. It is all about you what do you love more the food, or yourself. Feel free to add me if you want a buddy - my diary's are open I feel it keeps me accountable.
  • sheisjen902
    Options
    Add me if you like!

I am 25, 5"5 - 3 years ago when I reached my all time high of 150lb in my last year of university joined MFP and lost 30lbs through healthy eating and exercise.

I have since gained back 15 lbs and really would like to get down to 125 lbs.

Sounds like we have similar struggles!
  • PhiSigAmber
    PhiSigAmber Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amber and I am 27 years old. In 2009, shortly after graduating from college, I reached my highest weight of 260lbs. I was desperate to change my life, so I hired a personal trainer and over the period of one year, I lost 65lbs (195lbs). I was feeling great and decided to take a break from training, thinking that I could save money and keep things up myself. I slowly started to gain the weight back, and at one point got back up to 223lbs. I decided that it was time to get serious again and I am now back down to 196lbs, only 1lb away from my lowest adult weight! I recently started training again, and my trainer has asked me to record my food so that he can monitor my nutrition. I'm hoping to eventually get down to 155lbs ("normal" BMI weight for someone my height).

I just got married this past September, and my husband and I would like to start trying to conceive sometime in late April. I know that getting this excess weight off before that time will greatly improve my chances of having a healthy pregnancy. I would love to make some friends on here that are willing to share ideas and encouragement. Feel free to add me, and good luck in your weight-loss journey!
  • mc00010
    mc00010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 19 and I'm new here too. :) I've tried numerous diets and failed but no, I'm not giving up. Need friends here to keep me motivated. :D
  • missasia05
    missasia05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 25 and you sound like my soulmate!! In a sister sort of way of course. I too am an avid Food Network Junkie and it seems to be my downfall! I'm new here and am completely addicted! I'll add you...found its easier that way instead of requesting you to add me after all your other posts. :-) Good luck!
  • smi2269
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and responding back to my message board. =)