Together we've lost 166 lbs. BFFs. Lots of pics!!

Options

Replies

• michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That is so special. Very well done, both of you. Congrats. Thanks for sharing your story. Really sweet.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Love that you guys did it together! Great job!!!
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What an amazing success story! You both rock!
  • LOVEthyself_
    Options
    Hey MFP world!

My name is Joy and I started out in August 2011 at 5'8" and 270lbs. I now weigh 165.6lbs.

Let me introduce you to my bestie Heather (mfp username hg5159). She started in November 2011 at 5'7" and 222lbs. She now weighs 159.8lbs.

In less than 15 months, we've shed a total of 166.6 pounds. :happy: And we're NOT DONE YET!! We both have goals to lose more as well as tone up and just get healthier and more fit.

We're both 32 years old and between us we have five children, two husbands, two mini vans, and two busy schedules packed as tight as can be. Oh and let me mention that Heather and I live 360 miles apart from each other!!! We visit each other whenever possible, usually every other month one of us will drive to visit the other.

Here's a picture of us from 2009. Heather is on the left. I'm on the right.
    20090820_130303_SD780_00571.jpg

Another shot from 2009. I'm on the left and Heather is on the right.
    photo-104.jpg

P1020742.jpg

IMG_9300.jpg

Our get togethers used to consist of a lot of cooking and eating. Mostly throwing parties with tons of cake and frosting, and eating it along our way.

In 2011 something changed. We both decided we didn't want to be slow, unhealthy, unfit women for the rest of our lives. We're too young for that! We both joined MFP and started tracking our food, and started exercising. First walking, using the elliptical at the gym, then running, and now running plus weight lifting.

That's what we did. No surgeries, no pills, no special diets. We just did the whole "eat less, move more" thing. Be accountable to your MFP diary, and exercise as much as you can.

Now whenever we get together, we exercise together. I bring her to my gym for weight lifting, she brings me to hers. We run around our neighborhoods together. That's only about 6x/year that we're actually in person together. The rest of the time we keep each other in check over text, email, etc. We share our training plans and encourage each other to make good nutrition choices and to get our butts up and moving to the gym!

This past weekend I visited Heather and we ran in her first 5k race together. It was so great. There were a ton of hills and we finished in 31:08, placing #31 and 32 out of 88 in our age group of females age 30-34.

Zombie shirts for the halloween race
    photo-108.jpg

Approaching the finish line
    photo-107.png

Halloween party at Heather's house that night
    photo-106.jpg

In our race shirts
    photo-105.jpg

Besties!
    photo-103.jpg

photo-110.jpg

oh my goodness ladies!!! if THIS isnt an inspiration then idk WHAT is!! that is absolutely AMAZING!! you BOTH have come SO far!! way to freakin go!! i have to add you guys!! such an inspiration! :laugh: :wink: :smile: :heart: :love:
  • sjharshman
    Options
    Wish i had someone to encourage me as much as you guys do each-other congrats and keep up the work!
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story...I am just beginning my journey to a healthier me and you are both so inspiring!
  • skipperlk
    Options
    Inspiring
  • Hadassk
    Options
    What a great post!! Thank you for sharing and you both look wonderful!!
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done :)
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, both of you.
  • yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing! congrats on your weight loss! you both inspire me!!:flowerforyou:
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great story! My friend is moving away but we are going to get together in may for a zombie run. We are going to have to encourage each other long distance but now that I saw your story I know it can be done! Congrats!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What an amazing post! You both look wonderful.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, it's always a good thing to have someone to motivate you and push you when you need it. And who better for the job than your bestie...... I'm trying to get my daughter to join me along this journey. She's joining today. :happy:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love it! Y'all both look fantastic!
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Options
    Love this <3
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    bravo. great to see you work together on this; makes it much easier when you have support.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awwww, I love your journey! What an awesome thing to be able to share with your BFF! Both of your hard work definitely paid off! Congrats!
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This makes me so happy. Congratulations, you're both amazing!
  • Deebx
    Deebx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! You both look so healthy and happy. Inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!