How has your life changed since losing the wt--or has it?

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more replies :happy:
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I agree with ALL the others but would also have to add sex improves more the more I lose. Due to all of the above of course. More energy, confidence, less apprehention, and feeling sexy is a huge turn on. :blushing:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I agree with ALL the others but would also have to add sex improves more the more I lose. Due to all of the above of course. More energy, confidence, less apprehention, and feeling sexy is a huge turn on. :blushing:

:wink:
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like more of me now......I love my shoulders, I like feeling my hip bones.....I actually feel I go up and down not round.....I can see my features not my fat and I kind of like that too. I feel like I am discovering the real me that was buried under all that fat.
  • tekne1
    tekne1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love that I am able to do things with my son that I couldn't do when I was heavier. We can fit on rides together, we can jump on our trampoline, etc. I also have a ton of energy! I actually get restless on days I don't work out or do something active. Before, I was content to sit at home and do nothing and watch TV all day. I also feel and look like "me" again - how I always saw myself in my head but never in the mirror.
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For me the biggest change has been my health. I had been on BP medication for 5.5 years but this summer I came off which delighted me. The other real noticeable difference is not having to lug an extra 45lbs when running. My knees are definitely grateful.

The big change for me next is maintenance, have lost weight many times before but never kept if off. I want to report back in 12 months how keeping the weight off has changed my life:smile:
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Im not finished losing but I think I am finally finding myself again.
    I am more outgoing, confident and relaxed. I want to meet people, do new/fun things.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I also feel and look like "me" again - how I always saw myself in my head but never in the mirror.
    Exactly this.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I also feel and look like "me" again - how I always saw myself in my head but never in the mirror.

Wow...that's deep--I can so understand where you're coming from. When I look in the mirror, it's me...but it's so NOT me. Sounds weird, but I appreciate that you've said this. It's profoundly relative for me.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been losing weight for a long time with different diets and I don't think I am at that point yet where my life has changed in a major way. However here are a few changes which have occured thanks to MyFitnessPal:

*No Longer having binges.
    *No Longer feel guilty about eating chocolate/icecream/cookies
    *Eating less junk food as I am now aware of the calories in most foods. eg it is not worth eating a 600 calorie burger as I will run out of calories
    *Feeling comfortable eating out with friends as I do not consider this a diet
    *Finally reaching one of my weight loss goals I have been trying to reach for a year.
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    I also feel better about myself most the time...Im pretty nerdy and I used to be really shy and embarrassed about it but now Im like "yeah, I'm Boomer for Halloween, so what!?" haha. Also, I've always loved fashion (a nerd that is fashionable, what?) which I've always been to afraid to try to pull off, especially since I really like a weird mix of sporty/equestrian/retro but now I wear my riding boots with a retro top (PEPLUMS!) or carry a "doctor" bag and don't worry about it. It what I like. Also, I just feel so much more relaxed in public. I used to worry if others thought I looked bad or if I got into the Chipotle line, if everyone would be thinking "look at that big person eat that HUGE burrito" I've realized as a relatively thin person now that I WOULD NEVER THINK THAT! I just feel more like me. Sometimes I feel really big again, but most the time these days I feel good. Oh, and one last thing, I used to be embarrassed to workout/do outdoorsy things in public. Now I have a great time at the beach, hiking a mountain, snowboarding, and I LOVE IT! CARPE DIEM!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Describing what my life is now (in comparison to what it used to be) would take a lot of space since i had a lot of weight to lose!I almost achieved my final goal :)

i'll try my best to sum it up.

- i don't get stares any more
    - i still have trouble finding clothes my size (european size 40 seems to be the most popular size and stores run out of stock quickly) but i find it awesome and amusing in a good way.
    - i spend 1/4 of what i used to spend in clothes per year. My jeans and pants don't wear out as quickly any more and i can find bargains at outlet stores. It used to be a pain to find anything nice and affordable to wear!
    - i can run now,which i could never ever do until now! I was diagnosed with asthma not long ago but hard exercise and running is not a trigger for me anymore.
    - i no longer need help to climb or go down the stairs.
    - i have less frequent back pain
    - i developed a taste for healthy food that i never thought possible and i became a better cook as a bonus.
    - i have less depression episodes (thanks to the endorphins from exercise and the healthy food choices I guess)
    - I don't have to photoshop my pictures as much anymore!!! I now just correct lighting mistakes and hide skin blemishes and that's pretty much it.
    - when i indulge in junk food every once in a while, i don't feel guilt because i know i will burn it off sooner or later
    - i have become a better dancer thanks to the gym classes
    - neighbors compliment me a lot (which i secretly hate because i would have liked being accepted when i was obese)

And i don't know, i could go on forever! The best part is that i feel great now! I had lots of bad symptoms when i was obese, the asthma made them worse and my hypothyroidism didn't help. Now i finally feel i have a normal working body,and i feel i'm capable of doing more things than i used to think.

Really, you only get a good outcome! And you feel in peace with yourself for once.
  • kkochenber
    Options
    What a difference loosing a few lbs can bring!. We had a party to go to last night with friends, many I had not seen in months. For the first tiime in a very long time, I was looking forward to it! Normally I would dread the occasion because i have been steadly putting on weight for the last few years. 137 in 1989 to 185...July this year. EEK!! Wake up Call!!! I have only lost about 25 lbs so far but I felt totally awesome in my new smaller clothes. People actually said I looked great instead of tactfully avoiding my obvious weight gain.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm almost to my halfway point. Life has definitely changed!

1. My whole evening schedule has changed - I used to come home from work and pretty much veg out on the couch watching TV and playing on the internet while eating mindlessly. Now I come home, eat a snack, go to the gym (most nights).

2, The motivation I've found for weight loss has carried over into other areas of my life. My house is cleaner and more organized and I find I'm working harder at my job than I used to. Possibly part of this is because my head feels clearer now that I eat more healthfully.

3. I sleep better and I feel more rested on less sleep. I attribute this to the exercise and to cutting caffeine by about 75% (since I prefer my caffeine to be delivered with loads and loads of sugar/calories).

4. I feel more energetic, more confident, and happier in general.

5. I cook more.

6. I once hated clothes shopping and now I kind of enjoy it, even though I'm currently only shopping at consignment/thrift stores and the occasional clearance rack until I hit goal.

7. I have fewer headaches and fewer body aches.

8. I don't struggle with depression and anxiety to nearly the same degree that I once did.

9. I feel less socially awkward and self-conscious.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Whoever said being thin won't make you happy was full of BS.

While i wasn't really depressed before, I am happier. Healthier too.

I feel better physically, I have more energy, and clothes shopping is actually fun.

I'm pretty dang strong, too.
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My life has changed in the following ways (and I'm only half way to goal)

1) I am not afraid to have my picture made anymore
    2) I no longer see food as a way to cope
    3) I have found it easier to exercise, and no longer use any of my old excuses - don't have time, hurts too much, I need a partner
    4) I feel like a healthier happier person!
  • zimfour
    zimfour Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is a great topic !!

5 things have changed and impacted my life since losing weight....

1. No longer sweat as much as I did when I was 235lbs or more !
    2. More Energy for sure.
    3. Stopped Snoring which I would wake myself up ... Lol - I am sure you all have done this before also... haha
    4. I get compliments from people which is def a Confidence booster.
    5. I think the biggest for me would be that I know I am adding years to my life rather than taking away them - hope that made sense!

For me I agree with all of the above: I used t be 205 before sarting MFP...One of the biggest downfalls is a group of ladies at church asked me if Iwas sick, and how do I feel. BUT, for the most part I am getting comliments on how GOOD and SKINNY I look!!!!!

Too bad I did not do this years ago!!!!!
  • Clowasa
    Options
    Confidence! I'm not quite halfway to my goal yet but I already fell about 100% better about myself. I don't even care if nobody else notices the physical changes because I'm feeling so good about myself. I also just noticed this morning that the fat under my chin is gone which was a big hallelujah moment for me.
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!
    Never thought in a million years I would go to my closet and not want to wear anything because its to big instead of to small.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm not at goal yet, but I'm already starting to feel some of that fight coming back. It's something I foolishly gave up well before I gained weight and I've regretted it ever since.

Some people are just born to be fighters and when we have no fight in us, we stop living and start dying. I think some people use the word 'passion', but I call it fight, lest someone think I mean romantic passion.

Although a little of that in my life on the side wouldn't hurt, either!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!