Swimming questions: costume and shampoo

Options
2»

Replies

• mhaight85
    Options
    you actually wash it in a washing machine everyday or did i misunderstand? i would say you probably don't have to do that, just rinse the chlorine out and let it air dry overnight. i don't swim on a daily basis or anything, but my suits last for years and that's how i care for them.

the wen hair stuff is pretty fantastic. you can use to wash your hair or as a leave in conditioner.
  • maggiewithfins
    maggiewithfins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I swim regularly too. My tip for hair, that has really helped it to not absorb the smell of the chlorine etc is to rinse it in water before getting in the pool. i.e. shower first (where I live the pools have signs up telling us to shower first ), wet all your hair, and then put it in your swim cap, then wash it afterwards. I used a treatment occasionally afterwards, and a clarifying shampoo was alright but the wetting the hair made the biggest difference. And is free. Hair is absorbent, so you want it to absorb non-chlorinated water first and then it will absorb less pool water because it was pre saturated.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I know my swimsuit is getting loose too. First thought it was loosing the elasticity. Then realized that 20 lb weight loss probably has a lot to do with it.

So that might be why it is getting looser.

And that's fabulous! Well done..time to shop :)
  • Julie7741
    Julie7741 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser told me to rinse my hair and put some conditioner in it before swimming. The conditioner keeps the chlorine from getting into the hair shaft.
  • debecca
    debecca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. It turned out the hair going manky, falling out in clumps etc was not sure to the chlorine, but due to the fact I had extremely aggressive breast cancer (found the lump in December).

Xx
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    If you are going to swim on a regular basis invest in a polyester blend type suit. I learned that after going though 2 bathing suits in 6 months.

Also. be sure to shower first; get the suit wet before going in the pool.