Replies

• micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I did week 1! Woooo. And survived. All that starting and quitting made a difference because I was actually about to make it all the way through without dying. Really excited for week 2. I'm going to kick major butt. My friend is thinking of starting the program though so I might be an awesome friend and redo week 1 so we can do it together.
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    oh man, W2D1 was tougher than I thought!
    I did the whole thing, even was able to run for exactly 120sec on the last run, but yes, it seems to be a lot harder than week 1. My advice for everyone here: Slow down your pace a tiny bit!
  • KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Right now I am on Week 5 day 2 :)

So far soooo good! Week 5 day 3 kind of scares me... not going to lie but I am going to do it early next week :) Can't wait to try it!
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Right now I am on Week 5 day 2 :)

So far soooo good! Week 5 day 3 kind of scares me... not going to lie but I am going to do it early next week :) Can't wait to try it!

I hear you.....I stressed out about it too, thought I would not be able to do 20 minutes......... I went slow (run slow anyway), had some music on my iphone and had this little mantra in my head (in sync with my stride....) 'I can do this'. I also took a route that had almost no hills/slopes because I usually have a few mini slopes when I run through the conservancy. Yesterday for w6 day 1 I did my 'normal' route. For some reason halfway through yesterday I felt like I could not keep going for about two or 3 minutes and had to 'talk myself through'. It was later in the day, almost dark - got out late from work and was a bit stressed so I was a bit off anyway. I did finish though and will go for the Turkey Trot, 5 k tomorrow :ohwell:
  • HazenAllen
    HazenAllen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm am starting this coming monday :)

Being early into my weight loss, I am going to innovate it into an 18 week program of sorts.

I will be doing 2.5 on my warm up walks. 3.0 on my walks, and 3.5 on my "runs", which is nothing more than a brisk pace walk. I will do that for the first 9 week program, and go up accordingly afterwards on my runs. Thoughts?
  • kass22185
    kass22185 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day one down! It was hard but i didnt stop! I was really nervous to start this week, but it wasnt too bad. Hope you are all having a good day!
  • HazenAllen
    Options
    First day down! I love it, it feels great.
  • magsi25
    magsi25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm am starting this coming monday :)

Being early into my weight loss, I am going to innovate it into an 18 week program of sorts.

I will be doing 2.5 on my warm up walks. 3.0 on my walks, and 3.5 on my "runs", which is nothing more than a brisk pace walk. I will do that for the first 9 week program, and go up accordingly afterwards on my runs. Thoughts?

Sounds good. Speed will come later as there's no hurry. Well done for starting. :smile:
  • kass22185
    Options
    I did week 2 day 2 last night. I was really feeling it. I made it through though. I think a lot of it had to do with my diet the last 2 days...very little water or good nutrition...I need to get that back on track.
  • AnjaZ89
    Options
    hey guys
    i took 6 days off because I was getting like no sleep (most was 3 hours/night), but today I made it and did W2D2 and even got to run for 2:25 instead of 1:30 for my last run. That last run was exactly 500m/.3mi and I'm damn proud because never thought I'd be able to do so :D
    How is itgoing everybody'??
  • AnjaZ89
    Options
    ooops it was 3:25 !!! 2:25 would be sprinting like crazy lol
  • spazzyshorty
    Options
    I did C25K through week 6 or 7 last spring, and recently got back into running. I'm only doing about 2 slow miles a run, but I'd like to get into the habit of running 4-5 miles a few times a week. It's pretty amazing how before starting the program I couldn't run for more than 2 minutes, but even after stopping for a few months I can still run a mile! So even if you fall off the wagon, you'll be starting from a better place once you get back on again.
  • tbhnje
    tbhnje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been doing c25k for four weeks now. I'm using the treadmill becasue I run at 5 or 5:30 in the morning and it's still dark. I just completed week 3 for the second time and I'm a little neverous about week 4. So I think I'm gonna try a mix between week 3 and 4. Run a little longer but not as much as wk 4. What is everyone doing on there rest days?
  • HazenAllen
    Options
    Just finished week 1! I was actually really proud of the minor short term results. My heart rate the first day maxed at 173, the second it maxed at 166, and today it maxed at 162. I'm really thankful that I am very adaptive to exercise :D

Week 2, coming up Monday ^_^
  • kass22185
    Options
    I have totally slacked the last few days...Planning on getting back on track tonight with w2d3.
  • HazenAllen
    Options
    Week 2 completed :D
  • AnjaZ89
    Options
    congrats HazenAllen!

how is everyone else doing?
    I'm on W4D1 tomorrow and really scared... Hope I can make it through those 5 minute runs.. wish me luck!
  • kass22185
    Options
    I did week 3 day one last night. It was tough! Hoping it gets easier like the last two weeks did
  • purrinpursian
    purrinpursian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 day 1,and because i went so far, I actually did it twice, and I feel great. I'm excited for tomorrow so I can do day 2.