Jillian Michaels - workouts

Options
124»

Replies

• gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Jillian definitely works, I lost 6 lbs during the 30DS plus a couple off the waist and hips while noticing very nice muscle definition.. didn't measure other areas. I'm currently doing her RI30 and Yoga Meltdown and looking forward to great results!

Just keep it up. Usually your body retains water after workouts to help repair your muscles.. and of course, you'll need a good balanced diet to help you, so keep that in mind.. as Jillian says, "you can eat your way through any amount of exercise." so be careful there.

:) Good Luck!
    Has anyone ever told you your SO looks like Stephen King? I think that every time I see your ticker.
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    I did her 30DS dvd back in Nov 2011 to Jan 2012 and I lost 13 lbs. The weight has stayed off and it took me 2 weeks to see results, but after I finished it I saw a big change in my body.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    After steadily losing 120 pounds with just walking and eating well, I started Body Revolution two weeks ago. My weight which had been dropping regularly jumped up 3 pounds and stayed there. I had made no changes to my eating. As of today, I'm back down those 3, but my weight loss has basically stalled. However, I was able to wear some pants I couldn't at the start. I haven't remeasured yet, but will in another two weeks. The lack of scale movement is discouraging for sure as I still have a lot to lose. And there is that voice in my head at says, "Stop working out! You were doing better before!" But I'm going to stick with it to see what I can accomplish.

It is frustrating to do more and get rewarded with less (according to the scale) - I can see why people quit early on in new exercise programs! But you'll never know what might have been if you don't see it through.
  • jhunny31
    Options
    You all are definetly inspiring me to go buy one or some of her DvD's tomorrow. I started the 30DS last time and only did about half way through and quit so hoping this time I can make it through the full 30 days. Do you do it everyday for 30 days straight or alternate with different workouts? If you do it 30 days straight, do you afterwards do some cardio or weights the same day? Also, which one of her videos are better for strength training? Just curious to see what you guys say, been contemplating what workout video to get and what to do. I have an elliptical at home for exercise or of course could go outside to walk my dog. Thanks :)

I love them. I mean when I'm sore I know its working but like I said the scale makes me sick. I alternate them for example, I started with 30 day shred, completed level 1, got bored and started doing RI30 WITH Shred for a week. Then I went and brought Banish Fat, and No More Trouble Zones, both are addicting. "No more" uses weights, mines are 6.6 pounds. The girls in the video use lighter pounds then I do but it BURNS my arms. Banish fat, is straight cardio with no breaks, well a little break but its like a second and I'm literally catching my breath with each circuit. PLUS you sweat something serious with both. Since I fell in love with these I've abandoned RI30 and shred BUT since I started level 2 of both I will do them on the weekends to at least complete the program.
  • cinfaro
    cinfaro Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started with the 30 day shred. I did that and lost my first 30 pds. I exercise 5-6 days a week sometimes 7. I then got her ripped in 30 and kickboxing. I just started doing her 6 pk in 6 weeks and LOVE IT!! HUGE RESULTS!!!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Starting jmbr on Monday fo I hope so!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I lost inches rather than weight...but I can definitely live with inches.

Me too and to be honest i'm not too concerned with how much weight I lose anymore, it's about health, strength and dress size. I am now able to comfortably slip into some really sassy clothes.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I did Body Revolution. . .I was at goal weight, so I didn't focus on her eating plan. I gained strength and endurance using her program. I think if you follow the eating plan AND workouts, you should see not only inches, but lbs changing as well.

Push hard! You'll get results! Good luck!!!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    The first time I did the video, I lost about 8 pounds. I didn't do measurements at the time. I just started it again 4 days ago. I weighed in, did measurements, and took pictures to see how things go this time.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a question to go along with the main one. Are you all just doing the 30 day shred by itself or are you adding in more cardio and weights? Could that also be a reason why you are not losing a lot of weight with the program? Most people I talk to say it is definitely more inches lost than weight but wasn't sure if you are adding more to the program than just the 20 minute a day thing.

I do Tae Kwon Do two days a week, run one day a week and the shred 4 or 5 days. I actually to some form of exercise every single day. It is a major part of my life now.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 ds and lost only 8lbs but 10 1/2 inches combined. Get a measuring tape they are cheap and go that way. The scale will drive you crazy. JM workouts are made to burn fat and build muscle. Doing that you mike not see the scale move.
  • rummyqueen
    rummyqueen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there ,
    yes the dvd does work .just change it up and add other dvd's to her workout.like 30 day shred do level one then I do 6 weeks six pack level one after.Like her ripped in 30 then I would do her lvel one or 2 what ever you are up o her 6 week six pack or andother dvd crunches .Then I would do first one day her banish fat boost dvd one day then the next I would just do no trouble zones,they both go together,I do any of her dvd untill im done the month of it and eat right and drink tons of water and you will be amaxed.
    Good luck and keep up the great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!