Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/3/12

Options
arikag
arikag Posts: 94 Member
Let's get started early today- share your NSV's here! :) I haven't done much yet besides wake up and eat, so I'll have to post one later on today! :)

Replies

• onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bought some new blue jeans last night.... Old ones were getting very loose... New ones are 4 inches smaller on the waist!! :wink:

Mark
  • theglencoegirl
    theglencoegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    had to use the LAST hole on my belt this morning!!! happy saturday to all!!!
  • akb130
    akb130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just measured myself today for the first time since August 8th and have lost 9.5 inches overall! It feels good to see the results on paper!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Got into a t shirt i hadn't been able to wear in 10 years
  • Shanleyloffer
    Options
    I was able to get one more notch on the belt two days in a row.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I wanted to go for a long walk this morning instead of making myself go.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I'm on the verge of having to get my engagement ring re-sized smaller!
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I wore my brown dress pants to work yesterday & half way through the day I walked by the full length mirror in the store. Damn, I thought. I must've put on my old size 14's instead of my 12's, these are baggy. Next trip to the bathroom I checked...they were the 12's & they are getting baggy!!! woo hoo. Scale is staying the same but clothes are getting looser. :blushing:
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I had one earlier this week. I need a new coat so I went shopping. I found one I liked, but only in small and large sizes. I tried on the large and it was too large on me. I thought, "well, I'll try on the small and see how far I have to go for it to fit". Gasp..... it fit! I bought it on the spot. Life is good. :laugh:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I had one a couple of days ago. The X is gone from my pants size. No 3x, 2x, or 1x, or even XL. Now to get that L down to an M!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I had one a couple of days ago. The X is gone from my pants size. No 3x, 2x, or 1x, or even XL. Now to get that L down to an M!

Congrats! That was a HUGE NSV for me. It is hard for slim people to understand that, but it is so satisfying.
  • MrFitness972
    MrFitness972 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Put on a shirt that I thought was mine, it ended up being my wife's. It was a medium!!!!! I have a gone from wearing a 3X to a size medium in some shirts!!!!!!! #workinprogress
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    I was able to do some sprints as part of my jogging - the fact that I can jog is amazing enough!
  • jogo8995
    jogo8995 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    NSV! I can touch my toes!! I have ALWAYS been less than flexible, even as a kid in gym class. I just completed Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred with the help and encouragement of the MFP October 30 DS group. Today,I moved on to Ripped in 30 with the new November group as I was able to easily touch my toes without bending knees for the first time in at least 40 years! Yippee!
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love reading these. You are all amazing!

I'm not used to getting compliments on my looks having been a fat, ugly duckling all my life - but a couple of days ago I got 20 (!!) compliments on my appearance from various people during the workday. I thought I was being punked or something, lol. It felt weird, but really really good. And I still have 10 to lose, so it can only get better :)

And I can now touch my fingers behind my back when we do that one arm over, one under stretchy thing at boot camp. Yay!
  • slywon
    slywon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I went with my daughter to the skating rink today just as I did two weeks ago on Saturday morning. I wore the same pair of jeans except today I watched her skate instead of worrying the whole time that my butt crack was showing out the back of the bleachers. Two weeks and already a difference!! :happy:
  • mackzaj
    Options
    I didn't have to fiddle with the zipper when I put on my boots today! They just FIT. :)
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have recently been trying on clothes in my closet after losing this weight and yesterday I got on my skinny jeans that I havenot worn for like 3 years and they not only hook, they fit perfectly. AWESOME! Everyday I have something that just makes me happy and makes me continue.. Good luck every1, no where near where I want to be but I am definitly working hard to get there.

Anothee one for me, I started wearing a belt because I can't keep my pants up. The belt i have always used, always had to be used on the first hole just to fit me, I am on the last hole now, and it is still too big. I need to go belt shopping now! BIG ONE! 5 holes on my belt andI skipped right through them! :O)
    The thing that has gotten me his far if " Would _________ taste as good as being skinny would feel?" I ask myself this all the time.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Being unable to shop in the Plus Size section of Forever 21 because everything is too big or loose on me. ;)
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was able to do 25 LEGIT push-ups (not from knees or a higher incline). This is a big deal for me!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!