Do you keep fat clothes?

Options

Replies

• nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Right now, yes, but only because I can't afford to go shopping!

As soon as I have new stuff, out goes the fat clothes
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think I'll keep one pair of the fat jeans and give the rest away!
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    I have always kept my fat clothes just in case and I have always gained it back to wear them again. This time around I got rid of them and am currently in a smaller size than ever before in my adult life. Soon as I'm tugging at my pants to keep um up or layering to not have the shirt look rediculous they go to the thrift store and I grab a size or 2 smaller while i'm there knowing that is the directiion I am headed and plan to keep it that way!
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have kept some that were in my "before" picture so I can do the classic "look how big these clothes are" pictures. I also have a few of my large shirts that I wear to exercise in, a constant reminder of how big I was that I found to be really useful on days I didn't feel like exercising etc.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them. If you put on weight you're forced to lose it to stay in the same size, or you have to spend more money to buy new ones. What sounds like a better option, spending money and staying the same weight, or losing weight and spending no money?
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a sewer, so something that I really like I take in or up-cycle into something new. The rest I gift to charity

At my old work place we often all bought in our bigger clothes and just swapped for something that fitted and we liked (someone was always bigger or smaller)
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Give those jeans to good will, and get a receipt so you have a "donations" tax right off. And when your jeans get tight you know you need to get your booty moving!!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I had to talk myself into keeping my skinny clothes from before (and almost all of them are too big now!), but I also wish that I had kept a few more fat clothes. I really hope that I have lost this weight for good, but I work at a job where I need expensive clothes and while I'm willing to buy new a new suit every once in a while, I can't afford an entire new wardrobe. Luckily I have several closets now that my son has moved away to attend college.
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am down two sizes and I donated everything to goodwill except one pair of pants to try on when I reach my goal weight in another year. When I do get to that goal, in my dreams I dance around a bonfire buck naked as they burn. Reality check, ok but I will burn them. LOL
  • suckerlove
    Options
    I have 3 big bags of clothes descending in size from 20 to 14. I haven't lost enough weight to really fit in my 18/20 bag but once I do, I am going to bag up larger clothes I like for when I am pregnant.
  • MrsGSR
    MrsGSR Posts: 88
    Options
    Give them away! Then if you put the weight back on you have to walk around naked. Thats a great incentive to keep the weight off!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I kept some of my old clothes at first...it was a psychological battle I had to overcome.

8488541.png
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Give them away! Then if you put the weight back on you have to walk around naked. Thats a great incentive to keep the weight off!

^^^^^this! Lol
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just purged a bunch of stuff today -- pants/jeans mostly. You see, I had clothes that were too small. I could not wear them. Donated them, as I thought I would never be able to fit into them again. Then I had clothes that were a bit snug, but still wearable. Then those a-bit-snug pants began to actually fit. Next, they became a bit loose, but still wearable. Today, those pants are really too big. They are ridiculous, and look like clown pants. So, another donation of perfectly good clothes. I'm finally to the point where I need to go shopping. :bigsmile:
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I read not to keep them, because then you think "Well, if I get fat again, I at least have some clothes to wear"
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Nope, donated all of mine to the GoodWill. I have no intention on ever returning to that size again
  • kellimr
    Options
    I packed the majority of my fat clothes in a tote ready to give to goodwill. Unfortunately, I am such a yo-yo dieter (I have clothes from sizes 18 down to size 10) I haven't given them away yet. This time around though when I reach my goal I am making that trip to goodwill ~ because the yo-yo dieting is done for me!
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    No. As soon as they are too big they are for the charity shop. When giving them away I do a ceremonial dance. :wink:
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I kept my largest Jean, my largest shirt and my favorite sweat shirt...only because I wanted them as references from where I was...and the rest are being donated to an agency for the mentally handicapped.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Out with them!