I DONT GET IT, SOME PEOPLES FOOD INTAKE CONFUSE ME

Options

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Oops meant to add good to know because I would give up more than likely if I knew there was never going to be another brownie or slice of pizza in my life . The key is moderation and what goes in must be lower than what is put out simple math !! KISS

Exactly! I want my cake and to eat it too. Why? Because cake is delicious.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    its simple math skills though?

everyone is different, and everyone has something that works better for them. Just do you.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    All in moderation. I for one try to budget for my chocolate and I would say most of my food is quite good.

This^. I eat chocolate most days, but try to eat at least 75-80% whole foods, and the treats I give myself are healthier, too (frozen organic yogurt, organic chocolate, fruit cobblers).
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    You just stick with the good food you are eating. People who continue to eat garbage, just less garbage, WILL gain any loss back... trust that.

No they wont. If they stay within a balance or deficit of caloric intake they will not gain the weight back. They may not achieve the body composition they want or health they want, but they can manage their weight with only twinkies if they wanted to.
    OK know it all.

Eh he is right. Are they gonna be as healthy? Heck no! However, as long as they keep the calories in check they will keep the weight off. I see people eating super healthy foods and remain large because of the calorie issue.
  • rydersgrammy1
    Options
    I eat in the range of 1100-1200 calories a day, but still eat whatever I want... I keep my weight between 128 & 132..
    But I also eat a lot of good stuff too.. I exercise everyday too...
    Everyone needs to learn to eat normally again... By normally, I don't mean to eat like a pig..... Eat what you what you want, but remember portions & calorie counts..
    If I want a treat later, I will eat more lightly during the day or exercise more....
    You have to pay attention to your 'red flag' warnings too...I personally can't eat brownies without downing the whole pan... When I want a brownie, I buy one at the bakery & have them cut it in half... They give me the half...What they do with the other half, I don't know or care....
    You can have your treats & lose weight too, if you pay attention to what your doing...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You just stick with the good food you are eating. People who continue to eat garbage, just less garbage, WILL gain any loss back... trust that.

No they wont. If they stay within a balance or deficit of caloric intake they will not gain the weight back. They may not achieve the body composition they want or health they want, but they can manage their weight with only twinkies if they wanted to.
    OK know it all.

The laws of thermodynamics apply to everyone. Sorry to disappoint you. We're not unique snowflakes.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    You're better off eating the REAL food and being a little over than eating the processed crap. And it's much more than calorie goal...what about sugar, sat fat (and even that's not bad if it's good sat fat like coconut oil/milk) sodium, etc? Look at the big picture!
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    i eat sweets/chocolate/biscuits everyday and i nearly always get under my calorie goal. Think of it like money, you can spend it howyou want long as you not go over and get the essentials like rent, utilities, travel etc (or in this case vitiamins and thing). make my chpices with tht in mind and it works and the result show in the scales!
    xxxx
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    You're better off eating the REAL food and being a little over than eating the processed crap. And it's much more than calorie goal...what about sugar, sat fat (and even that's not bad if it's good sat fat like coconut oil/milk) sodium, etc? Look at the big picture!
    The whole 'processed' thing annoys me.
    Because obviously if someone chops food up in a factory a hundred miles away it must be worse than doing the same thing at home.

I don't disagree that a lot of prepared food available can have negative effects if eaten to excess, but I think it's silly to dismiss food on that basis.
    What about sugar? Sat fat it's self is a bit controversial as a 'baddy' these days. Definitely again for salt, for which the whole 'RDA' thing has been shown to be meaningless.

So I'd suggest yes, it's worth taking a better look at the 'big picture' :).
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Because obviously if someone chops food up in a factory a hundred miles away it must be worse than doing the same thing at home.

I don't disagree that a lot of prepared food available can have negative effects if eaten to excess, but I think it's silly to dismiss food on that basis.
    What about sugar? Sat fat it's self is a bit controversial as a 'baddy' these days. Definitely again for salt, for which the whole 'RDA' thing has been shown to be meaningless.

Thank you!!! :) I think you're the first person I've ever seen saying that about processed food. I get that some of it is terrible for you, but the idea that the only way you can eat healthy is to cook everything at home is ludicrous.
  • madworld1
    Options

OK know it all.

You do know that you sound like a bit of a know it all too, right?

This. f'ing hilarious.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat too much packaged although this week the baked lays have KILLED me! Anyway, I do enjoy a nice glass of wine though preferably shared with my lovely man. This is one of the small pleasure I enjoy in my life and so I think is worth saving some calories for. I have been able to do this and still lose. So if you want junk just save for it. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

exactly.. everything is processed unless you're picking it directly from the tree, the earth, or the chicken.

it's funny though. i find that offline, the people who like to make comments about how something i'm eating is bad or unhealthy are usually just jealous they can't eat it themselves. it's like yeah Ok go ahead and make comments about how unhealthy my haagen dasz is while you longingly eye bang it from afar.
  • madworld1
    Options
    Meshashesha20, you are too funny!

"it's like yeah Ok go ahead and make comments about how unhealthy my haagen dasz is while you longingly eye bang it from afar."

I love it.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I had a snack size cookies and cream bar yesterday worth I think 70 calories out of the ~1400 I ate, equivalent to 5%. It's all about moderation. I try to eat mainly real food and junk every once in a while.
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Change is a process. For some it starts with just making the caloric limits, but then they progress to looking at the actual nutrition. I was one of those ppl.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You guys would call the food I eat processed (deli meat in a package with my sandwiches, chik fil a, etc). I also eat sweets sometimes. But I'll have half a halloween sugar cookie. I won't eat three. I'll have one twizler, not four or five. I will have half a piece of apple pie, not the whole thing. I will have three bites of ice cream, not the whole thing. I didn't change what I eat-- I just used portion control. Almost 40 pounds since May and I'm not complaining. I have a calorie goal of 1300.
  • Wheelie_UK
    Options
    I promise you the person eating 1200 calories of only junk does not feel as good as the person eating 1200 well balanced calories.

Having been one of those people, I can testify to that. :)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I factor in some chocolate everyday. I calorie cycle so my high cal days i might have more then my low cal days but i tend to have between 100-300 cals of chocolate per day...but the rest of the day i eat good...ive change my diety habits a LOT and dont think a daily treat within my calorie range is bad
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have bad days ... having them more frequently now that the holidays are nearing but like some of the posters said, healthier food makes me feel better -- energy level is up, drag less, run faster. Bad days -- even if I stay under the goal, I feel like crap.

Everyone is different -- what ever works for them, it's their body. If the junk food fix helps YOU then go for it as long as it's in moderation! :D