Looking for friends - BRING YOUR CHRISTMAS GOALS!! :)

Options
Hey guys,

I stated MFP oh so many months ago and I had some success!! To be honest, I have no idea why I stopped, old habits die hard I guess. Anyway, I am here now and looking forward. My jeans are tighter and I stepped on the scale the other day only to see the highest number I have ever generated staring back at me. I am more tired than ever before, my skin isn't great and I just overall feel blah. I am looking to create a support network of fitness friends who are motivated to make some changes to their health and the way they feel about themselves!!! I know that if we all support, encourage and cheer for each other, together we can accomplish our goals!!!

My short term goal is to shed 15 pounds by Christmas as my partner and I are going to the UK where I will meet some his family for the first time!

Hope to hear from you!!!

Replies

• mk_hammer
    Options
    I'm new here but have done Weight Watchers before with success. I lost 75 lbs, and I've sadly gained some of it back! I'm looking to get back on track, so I'm giving MFP a go.

I, too aim to lose 15 lbs by Christmas! I'm confident we can do it! :smile:
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, have done a bit of Weight Watch and body trim with little success. What I like about MFP is that we are totally in control with the aided support of like minded friends.

So come on lets start life together, rather than concentrating on losing weight cos yes it will come back once we revert to our old ways. Enjoy exercising search for new healthy foods get into gardening.
    Remember what Einstein said if you don't change direction YOU will end up where you are heading.
    To do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is complete madness.

15 lbs by Christmas yes I am in and we need to remember Christmas is only 1 day not a 7 day feast.
  • sonnybunny100
    sonnybunny100 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In all honesty my Christmas goal is not to put any weight back on from all that yummy food! But I would like my total weight loss to be 20 pounds by then, so I have 6 and a half to go!
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A good goal for me is to be 190-195 by Christmas and it seems doable! I have about 9-15 to go
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have lost 88lbs so far and still have about 35 to go. I would love to lose another 20 by Christmas. Count me in. I have been here since April of 2011. I was on Weight Watchers and lost and gained.....This website has been wonderful for me......Joann
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

I'm setting myself a goal for Christmas... To fit into a smaller size pair of jeans!

I'm here for support and motivation :)
  • Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to lose at least 9 pounds by Christmas. I also have a race i am training for. The race is on January 21, 2013, so I am looking to also increase my endurnace and speed before then. Feel free to add me as friend :)
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey I am going back home on 26th December and was hoping to lose at least 20 pounds by then, yeah I know it will be tough, but I would even be happy with 14 xx
  • cadams429
    Options
    The other day in my 5 am (!) Body Pump class I learned that the average American gains 7 pounds between Halloween and Christmas. So while my goal might not be as lofty, I'm just going to say I want to lose 7 pounds by Christmas.

Which means consistently tracking my calories and cutting out most alcohol. Cheers!
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10lbs by Christmas
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My minimum goal is to lose 5 pounds before I go visit relatives on December 21 - that will put me into the normal/healthy weight category when they see me! But I think I can lose more by then - it's almost 2 months away.
  • E2015
    E2015 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new here! I have been trying to lose weight for a while I eat healthy and do a lot of exercise but obviously not enough! Also I think I have a problem with the amount of food I consume daily. I'm glad that I found MFP where I can track how muck calories I take dialy, and it seems very accurate so I'm very positive that it will work for me. it appears that i have to cut about 400 calories a day and carry on with my regular diet and exercise. My goal is 22 pounds by Christmas so fingers crossed I must not lose motivation! :-)
  • E2015
    E2015 Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow only 5 pounds, I am sure you can do that! I want to lose 22 pounds by then...
  • jekissa729
    Options
    You could totally do 15 pounds before Christmas!! I am aiming to maintain my weight through the holiday season (which is usually a problem for me bc I love food). Feel free to add me!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hai :)) I have got a few X-mas goals.
    1) I would love to lose about 10-15 lbs by then
    2) If I could fit comfortably (and good enough to wear in public) into a size 10 jeans I would be sooooo happy!!
    3) have the C25K program finished

I would feel sooo great if I could check all of these off by then (: Maybe for once instead of sweats or PJS I could rock a sexy dress on xmas :blushing:
  • Lena639
    Options
    Hello! :happy: I'm in the 'middle' phase of my weight loss, and I have 13lbs left to lose, which I would LOVE to do by Christmas. I'm anticipating lots of Christmas parties with some very cute classmates :wink: and also a trip to see some family that have retired in the Caribbean - wearing a bikini in holiday season should be fun! :smile:
  • Brentinc28
    Brentinc28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm new here but think this could be the place for me! I lost 37 kilos though calorie counting and exercise (that's about 82 pounds), then got comfortable and relaxed with my new body and program and.....whatthe????........gained 12 kilos back (about 26 pounds)!! Aaaaaarrrraaaaggggghhhh! BUT, have maintained a 25kg loss from the original 37 for the past year so that's something. So, here we go - back in the saddle. Want to lose that 12kilos and then another 4kgs on top of that (so about 35 pounds).....so my goal for Christmas would be to be back on track, committed to my weight loss program and at least 7kilos (15 pounds) down. Here we go!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

I'm setting myself a goal for Christmas... To fit into a smaller size pair of jeans!

I'm here for support and motivation :)

That's exactly my goal, to fit into my size 8 jeans :))

OP feel free to add me, I am very active and always try to support.
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm always looking for friends and support, You can add me to your friend list. ID-ITTYbitty04.

I totally understand the feeling, I was feeling Blah also a few weeks ago and finally decided get up and do something about it. I have been on MFP off and on for a year and have not consistently stuck with it. I am tired of feeling achy and cant wear any of the clothes in my closet. I have really stuck with it for the last 40 days and am hoping to lose 10-15 pounds by Christmas and reach my total goal of 50 pounds by early May. So far I have lost 14 pounds and am feeling way more energized.

Good Luck reaching your Christmas goal, and hope to chat and send you words of encouragement on this journey that we are both on!!:smile:

ITTYbitty04
  • jessiex21
    jessiex21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi - only just starting my journey on here and have loads to lose so will be here for a while !! I am trying not to obsess too much about losing the pounds as i find the more i think about what i shouldnt eat the more i want it..... So this time i am trying to concentrate on the exercise element and getting fitter and just watching the calories in the background. Having said that all seems to be working at the moment and i have lost about 14lbs since mid August and would like to think I could lose another 14-20lbs by Christmas. Would be grateful for any support and motivation and will do the same in return :happy: :happy: