New here ... looking for weight loss buddies!

Options
Hi, everyone. I'm new here. I've done WW before, losing about 75 lbs, but I've gained some of it back. I've slowly been creeping back up on the scale, and I'm ready to nip that in the bud right quick!

I'm pretty good about exercising; I have been working out regularly for some years now. I've just started to ramp it up a little bit and have been spinning at least 3x a week. I'm looking to add strength training as well.

FOOD has always been my issue; it's my one true vice. I use food for comfort, and I thoroughly enjoy eating. I treat food like a reward--I enjoy it, so I feel like I DESERVE to eat that cookie, that french fry, those Skittles. Left to my own devices, I continuously gain weight.

Tomorrow, I plan on grocery shopping and planning my meals for the week. Monday is my first official day! My first challenge will come in the form of book club on Tuesday, which is usually a wine and calorie fest. Any suggestions for handling that well?

Please feel free to add me - I'm looking for support and accountability!

Thanks! I'm excited, inspired, and looking forward to getting started! :happy:

Replies

• Catherinebee85
    Catherinebee85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Adding you, you just described me! Though you're far better at exercising than I am. I too am shopping tomorrow and starting full throttle on Monday. Lets go! x
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP feel free to add me :)
  • mlaz81
    mlaz81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I too have been working out regularly, but after a workout, you always want to reward yourself. I too love the sweets! It has been hard sticking to eating healthy, but I just have been substituting a banana for when I want chocolate, or something like that. As far as your book club, if you bring a snack and a drink with you, you will be less likely to indulge in the calorie fest. I have the same problem at kickball each week when they have cupcakes and cookies, so I just bring water and a granola bar, so that I'm not tempted to stuff on sweets. It's so hard, but I keep thinking about attaining my goal, and it seems to help.
  • Iwillrunagain
    Options
    "I like to run, because I really like to eat!" This is me and it sounds like you may have the same mantra!!!! Welcome to MFP, I wish you the best with your journey!
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Same here! I'm good about exercising, but cookies and chocolate are my weaknesses. Let's support each other!
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We can all use each other's support. One big thing I have learned since starting this weight loss journey the past year is you have to log 'EVERYTHING"....food and exercise. AND if I want to "eat", I have to "move my body" some way almost EVERYDAY to earn the extra calories to keep the weight loss going!

Good luck to you!