everyday workout or every other day?

Options
Hello, I have been walking anywhere from 20-40minutes a day, and trying to exercise 15-20minutes a day doing

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

My question is am i over doing it with the walking and exercise everyday should i take it down to 1 days do my walking, next day do my fat burning muscle exercises? I can't complete more than one working circuit yet and my I can't seem to run very far before my legs start hurting really bad, I am around 340lbs already lost a good 20-25lbs but doesnt seem my legs are getting stronger. What is your input do you have any studys saying doing it everyday is doing it wrong in a way? Thanks any information would be helpful.

Also any recommendations for running shoes? or a good place to get fitted near modesto california? thanks.

Replies

• Michaelsdin
    Options
    bump!
  • housewivve
    Options
    First of all great job on the weight you've already lost! That is fantastic! It seems to me you've already got a great system going! I personally work out 6 days a week with the 7th day being a rest day!
    If you feel you are working out too much add in a rest day or 2, and see how you feel after that.
  • NiagaraCheryl
    NiagaraCheryl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself. Since I have a full time job, family, and meetings at least one night a week, I can only fit exercise in 3 mornings a week. I do find that I need a day between work out session to rest my muscles. Years ago, I tried running everyday and ended up with shin splints.

All I can suggest is to make sure you don't overdo it and hurt yourself. If you do work out everyday, make sure you're not working the same muscle groups two days in a row.
  • sjfitgirl8
    Options
    I think you're doing great. I don't see anything wrong with working out everyday. I work out 5-6 days a week doing cardio and/or strengthening (p90x and gym). It just takes time before your legs strengthen. Daily exercise paired with a healthy diet will get you to your goal!
  • QuietLegs
    Options
    I recommend being active as much as possible, and having a real "workout" as many times a week as you can, as long as it's sustainable - both mentally, and physically.

For me, that means running 5-6 times a week, cycling 2-3 times a week, lifting 2-3 times a week, and playing table tennis everyday at work.

But again - that's just me. It's all about finding what you can handle, what you enjoy. I started out with a whole lot less exercise in my life; I just found that I grew to enjoy it more and more, so I just increased the amount and intensity.