I Hate Cardio

Options
2»

Replies

• rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no one hated exercise more than me! Going to a Gym? No way.
    I did read someone from these boards saying that everyone just cares about their own business at the gym.
    That is SO true.
    It´s strange, now I love to go, the trainer is a great guy and I have met a couple of fellas who share my interests. We go after work with my wife and actually having a lot of fun!
    It is possible! Just do what you like.. You will find lots of choices
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I hate bouncy jumping stuff too. Treadmills and ellipticals are great.And there are lots of big people at the gym. No one cares. We all have like minded goals.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    walking is great
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am a big girl and go to the gym. I do a boot camp class and just modify the bouncy moves, mostly to protect my knees. My advice is: good bra, go to the gym if you want to, modify whatever you need to, find a low impact cardio.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i hate cardio too, i recently completed jillian michaels body revolution and it was lovely. only 2 days of cardio a week and the program totally works, definitely worth checking out if you hate cardio as much as i do lol
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Have you tried strapping down the ladies a better way? I know there's been some other threads regarding that issue?
    Also, the elliptical is a good work out, and like others said, Zumba sounds like a good option. Have you considered taking up kickboxing or something of the like?

But honestly, I think if Zumba strikes an interest with you, take that up, and I would suggest getting the elyptical as well. You also may want to keep doing 30DS for the strength training (replace the cardio with shadowboxing, or extra reps of strength) to get your strength in as well, or other strength training options :)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I hardly ever do cardio. I just try to lift as much as I can. You can even do some bodyweight exercises at home.

When I actually do cardio, I do HIIT. I can get a good session done in like 15 minutes. That's really helped me (knowing that it'll be over quickly)!
  • MzGoddezz
    MzGoddezz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I'm looking into everything right now. Another question though. I'm really ignorant when it come to fitness. Am I wrong thinking that your heart rate has to be a special number to burn calories effectively? I would just lift all day if I could but I'm already big. Should I lose the weight doing the cardio first then start toning up by lifting weights?
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I would really recommend a shock absorber run bra nothing moves once they ate strapped into one of those. At the start of my weight loss journey I was a 38DD and ran with no problems in this bra.
  • MzGoddezz
    Options
    Yeah I think the bra is half the problem. And I think I'm going to stick with the 30 Day Shred and switch out the bouncier moves. Thanks!!!
  • MzGoddezz
    Options
    I noticed someone mentioned macros. What is that?
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and used to hate cardio as well.

First I would suggest spending some money on a really good bra. A sports bra probably isn't going to cut it.

After a lot of experimenting I use the elliptical and go to spin class. Spin class is fantastic, it is so hard I get a huge endorphin rush from it and always feel so pleased with myself at the end. You'll find something with no jumping, there are lots of options!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I noticed someone mentioned macros. What is that?

Protein, fat and carbs.
  • slprout
    slprout Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    my favorites are the Zumba Basic and Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds dvds.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I'm looking into everything right now. Another question though. I'm really ignorant when it come to fitness. Am I wrong thinking that your heart rate has to be a special number to burn calories effectively? I would just lift all day if I could but I'm already big. Should I lose the weight doing the cardio first then start toning up by lifting weights?
    You burn calories 24/7, heart rate doesn't matter. If you hate cardio, don't do cardio.
  • MzGoddezz
    Options
    Thank you all!!! I feel so much better now.
  • starletlove
    starletlove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have just started working out again for the first time in years. I want to stick with it but I've come to realize that I hate cardio. I hate jumping around. Maybe it's I'm a big-chested girl. No matter what I do it's very painful. I am currently doing 30 Day Shred but I dread the jumping jacks and jumping rope. Maybe once I lose weight it won't affect me as much. I love the strength training but I'm over-weight and I need to lose 60+ pounds in 7 months. I have been eating better (no candy or chips) and staying under my allotted caloric intake but is there a way to lose the weight and forego all the jumping? I know you have to get your heart rate up to burn calories but is there another way.
    I do walk but the weather is getting worse every day so I be unable to continue. I was looking to buy this (((http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ellipticals/17164429))) but was unsure. I'm not interested in joining a gym so any home-based work outs, DVDs, equipment, etc. would be helpful. Thanks guys!!!

"Maybe it's I'm a big-chested girl" i know what u mean cuz im the same. and i can tell u all what u need is a good sport bra.. must be compact and tide. i had the same problem and i didnt like to do any kind of sport.
    so whatever u want to do or u will do. with a good sport bra ill works and u can actualy enjoy sport in general!