23F, 5'4", reached my initial goal, ~75 lbs lost! Pics!

Options
Hi MFP community! I recently met my initial weight loss goal (140 lbs!) and I wanted to give back! Throughout my journey (and still now) your progress pictures and success stories really inspired me to keep going. I hope this can do the same for some of you!

5Egvo.png
UtwG0.png

If I can do it, you can definitely do it too. It just takes pure determination. I stayed at around 1200 calories a day and didn't deprive myself. If I wanted some chocolate for dessert, I'd break off a couple squares of dark chocolate and save some extra calories from lunch.

I also did the Couch to 5k program, and now I run all the time, and I actually enjoy it, which is something I NEVER would have DREAMED I would love. I do have to say though, at first I had to use the elliptical at the gym to work up to running. If you find your chest heaving and hurting when you try to run and it seriously causes you pain (like it did me), definitely use the elliptical first and slowly add in running. :)

If you have any questions, just let me know, I'd be happy to answer them! My new goal is to reach ~125 lbs, but I mostly just want to get fitter at this point and improve my running. :) Now what you really care about, more pics!

H: 5'4"
SW: ~212
GW#1: 140
GW#2: ~125
CW: 138

ebLf6.png
Christmas 2011 (I started my journey on January 1st, 2012)

fSW3u.png
After a 5k on October 27th :)

AZACg.png
Face picture from December 2011

MDOJy.png
Face picture from September 2012!

Also, as a side note, I probably wouldn't have been able to find so many delicious low calorie recipes and blogs without Pinterest. It's one of the most useful websites ever (other than MFP of course)!

Replies

• BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Wow! Great job!! You look like a completely different person!! I'm doing the C25K too, and I'm so in love with it. I ran before, but lost it all after I hurt my ankle (damn Nike's didn't give me support). My friend and I started a couple weeks ago and are just starting Week 5! Today was our huge milestone. We both actually enjoyed our run for the first time since we started. We laughed and were so thrilled!

Keep up the great work! We have a very similar goal! I want to be 125-120 at 5'2"
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So awesome. Your progress is absolutely awesome!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    So very awesome, very very awesome.
  • maeganhaha
    maeganhaha Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!! You look like a completely different person!! I'm doing the C25K too, and I'm so in love with it. I ran before, but lost it all after I hurt my ankle (damn Nike's didn't give me support). My friend and I started a couple weeks ago and are just starting Week 5! Today was our huge milestone. We both actually enjoyed our run for the first time since we started. We laughed and were so thrilled!

Keep up the great work! We have a very similar goal! I want to be 125-120 at 5'2"
    Thank you so much! And awesome, congrats! It's so awesome when you finally start enjoying it! When you get to the point where it doesn't feel like you're dying and you feel like you can run without having to stop it's just amazing! :)
  • U81fA1th
    U81fA1th Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congrats on your success and for inspiring me to continue on my healthy lifestyle journey. I joined MFP June 2012 and so far I have lost 30 pounds :happy: Thanks again for the inspirational push :happy:
  • BigMan_D
    BigMan_D Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I admire your dedication and your results speak for themselves-you look fantastic!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You look AWESOME!
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great success for you. Congratulations! And inspirational for me. Thank you.
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Amazing job you look fantastic keep up the good work.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Good for you! You look great! I started around the same amount and have a similar goal... unfortunately I still have some to go, but your post is inspiring!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't reached goal (i'm 5'2" and am hoping to get to 125) but you are inspiring!!!!!!!!!
  • rhardy69
    rhardy69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!!!!!! Great job!!!
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    WoW!!! Good for you, I hope I get same results...you look amazing
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    UH UH UH, I can't even speak! WOW

ok, now I can speak.
    I have to say, I was inspired until you said you were running. I will never run. I don't have the knees to run so that is out for me. Can I still do it with walking? WIll it just take longer? Please say yes.
  • hollyjane77
    Options
    So inspiring! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing :-)
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    wonderful job! your results are really inspiring!!Thanks for sharing!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, congratulations on your success!
  • starletlove
    starletlove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thats amazing!!! just showed i can do it as well :) thx for sharing
    :flowerforyou: congrats:flowerforyou:
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work! Thank you for sharing :)
  • maeganhaha
    maeganhaha Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    UH UH UH, I can't even speak! WOW

ok, now I can speak.
    I have to say, I was inspired until you said you were running. I will never run. I don't have the knees to run so that is out for me. Can I still do it with walking? WIll it just take longer? Please say yes.
    The answer is: yes! Weight loss is approximately 80% food intake and 20% exercise, and definitely walking counts as exercise, and it's definitely better than nothing at all! Have you tried the elliptical? I found running hurt A LOT when I first started, and the elliptical took a lot of the stress off of my joints, but I'm not sure if that would work for you too. :) But yes, you can still do it! I love running, but I'm not the RUN EVERY DAY type person... some weeks it's 5 days, some weeks it's 2, so it's not something that was absolutely imperative for me to lose weight. YOU CAN DO IT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!