Chips

Options
I want chips so badly, its been 2 months and I haven't touched one. If anyone has a suggestion to replace my serious want of chips I would be forever grateful

Replies

• piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The closest I have come to eating chips is getting some whole beans in the pods, spraying them lightly in oil, covering in Cajun spice and cooking til crispy.

Then getting some light Greek yoghurt (I usually just use a single serve pottle) about 1/2 a packet of onion soup powder and a dash of vinegar mixed up to make a dip.
  • RDHome224
    Options
    I love beans without flavor lol, I just really want some regular or sour cream and onion chips
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips do the trick, not necessarily healthy, but they do come in flavors and way less fat,etc than regular potato chips
  • RDHome224
    Options
    I would rather healthy stuff, I'm just not a big fan of lightly salted plain popcorn which is always suggested. What about things like crispers? Are they OK?
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have used WASA thin&crispy (?) flatbread - comes w/ sesame or rosemary.....I break it in pieces and use it for hummus and dips instead of chips. 2 slices have 70 cals and I love the taste........Usuallu satisfied with one serving of 2 slices and a few spoonfuls of hummus
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Pop chips or Pita chips with salsa or hummus yum!
  • RDHome224
    Options
    Flat reads are tasty, I never thought about those to cut back my chip craving
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I personally would just eat the chips! Just get a small serving bag, and enjoy :)
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Special K has a chip/cracker thing that come in sea salt, sour cream and onion, or cheddar flavour. You can eat 18 of them for only 80 calories. That's what's been keeping me satisfied!
  • yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat Veggies Straws now! They are wonderful!!! you can have 38 straws for 130 calories. I also get Veggie Chips and Apple Straws! Try them, I get mine at W:flowerforyou: almart!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I personally would just eat the chips! Just get a small serving bag, and enjoy :)

Agreed - me too
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My replacement for chips are Vita Weat rice crackers, they are thinner than normal rice crackers so they are crispy and they come in lots of different flavours and one serving is around 110cals
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ^^ This : Once a week a small bag won't hurt. And just may keep you from breaking out and bingeing
    on a jumbo sized bag or worse.
  • RDHome224
    Options
    Right now I'm munching on Soya nuts, tasty but higher in fat than the chips I think, extra walking tomorrow is a must
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you are really craving - have some - just only buy a small packet, eat them slowly and really enjoy and savour them, and them move on... one small packet won't break you :-)
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I love chips as well. It was something my family always had around growing up and while I broke away from that habit, I do find myself missing the "crunch" of foods I was eating before I came here.

One thing that I've been doing that has helped... is I bought some Chex Cereal (gluten free for me) and I put a little olive oil in the bottom of a pan and take a napkin and make sure the whole pan is covered. (Plus you don't want one cereal piece to get a glob of oil - gross) I then add 1C of the cereal and stir it around like I'm making stir fry. I do this until it's crispy. I add either some salt or garlic salt to it - I'm sure there are some dry flavored toppings you could sprinkle on them so at least you get your flavor fix!

Hope that helps!
  • almcculley
    almcculley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try baked Lays and then don't eat all the bag. Don't deprive yourself. Just eat a little of what you crave. I love chips and chocolate cake!!! Eat a small amount, then throw away the rest. I deprived myself of birthday chocolate cake for a week and today I HAD to have a part of a bag of cheetos!! Still within calorie range today!!
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Special K has a chip/cracker thing that come in sea salt, sour cream and onion, or cheddar flavour. You can eat 18 of them for only 80 calories. That's what's been keeping me satisfied!

Yes omg these are sooo good! I like the cheddar ones!
  • RDHome224
    Options
    Chex are delicious.

I can't get chips, I am the kind of person who will rationalize eating them all the to e if I break down now and eat some lol.

A tasty alternative is what I need lol and these suggestions have got my mouth watering so Im pretty excited for tomorrow lol
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I want chips so badly, its been 2 months and I haven't touched one. If anyone has a suggestion to replace my serious want of chips I would be forever grateful

seriously..if you want them, why not have them? eating a few now and again won't harm you in any way..I guarantee you that. it's only when people eat these non stop all day every day do bad things start to happen.