Who likes eggs? Add a recipe:)

Options
Sarahsmiles0875
Sarahsmiles0875 Posts: 95 Member
My new favorite, and I swear by it..I especially love it after a morning work out.

Poached egg in marinara sauce.
It is exactly as it sounds. Grab your favorite marinara sauce and bring to a simmer in a sauce pan.
Crack one or two eggs directly into the sauce and cover with lid. Allow egg(s) to poach until desired consistancy.
I love mine with a nice firm white and a creamy yolk.
Gently remove the egg(s) and sauce into a dish and enjoy with a slice of toast or half of a pita bread!

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    That sounds disgusting, but only because I don't like runny yolks. If I were into that, then I'd definately try it. I tried a broccoli and cheese frittata. You can easily google one. It was pretty good.
  • tree618
    Options
    two egg whites and one egg (or four egg whites) cooked as an omelet with lots of veggies like spinach, tomatoes, mushroom, green peppers etc... I sometimes also add bacon bits or a fat free piece of cheese but not always. I have this every day for breakfast. Very filling and yummy
  • michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I'm going to clinical for nursing school, I like to make an egg mug for breakfast. They are very filling and fast because you make them in the microwave. Once you get the technique down, you can add whatever ingredients you want!
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1499
    My favorite out of all of them is Egg Mug Mexicali
    PER SERVING (entire mug): 116 calories, 0.5g fat, 579mg sodium, 5.5g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 21.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1/4 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the ones by Boca and MorningStar Farms)
    2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    1 tbsp. salsa

Directions:
    Spray a large microwave-safe mug lightly with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute, soy crumbles, and cheese, and stir. Microwave for about a minute. Stir gently, and then microwave for another 30 - 45 seconds, until scramble is just set. Stir, top with salsa, and enjoy!
  • jamie54720
    jamie54720 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1/2 green pepper, cup mushrooms, onion, slice of fat free cheese, very filling and looks like a lot with all the veggies
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Put 1/2 tbl half and half each in 2 sprayed ramekins.
    Crack egg over half and half but do not mix.
    Top with grated cheese and spices (parsley and pepper is really good... chive is good too).
    Bake 15 minutes in 375 degree oven.

This was one of the best egg recipes I have ever tasted.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    http://www.katherinemartinelli.com/blog/2012/shakshuka-israel-to-go/

I found this trying to find something to do make with the veggies from my garden. I didn't have tomato paste so I just left that out. I imagine you could add or leave out anything you want to customize this to your taste. I loved it extra spicy, but the regular version my 4 year old gobbled up too.

ETA : I also like to bake eggs inside of things like peppers. Easy peasy. Sprinkle some cheese on top when it's done and yum-o.
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My favourite - eggie in a basket fried in 1/2 tbsp butter and spread with fresh ground nut butter of choice. Right now we have hazlenut butter :)

Also, instead of the eggie in a basket, I like to fry the eggs inside of sliced bell peppers that form a clover shape and I will throw some onions or garlic in the middle as well.
  • socomary
    Options
    My new favorite, and I swear by it..I especially love it after a morning work out.

Poached egg in marinara sauce.
    It is exactly as it sounds. Grab your favorite marinara sauce and bring to a simmer in a sauce pan.
    Crack one or two eggs directly into the sauce and cover with lid. Allow egg(s) to poach until desired consistancy.
    I love mine with a nice firm white and a creamy yolk.
    Gently remove the egg(s) and sauce into a dish and enjoy with a slice of toast or half of a pita bread!

Glad to hear I am not the only one who does that!

I'm curious about Spaghetti Carbonara - I think I'll try it tomorrow, but only after I go for a quick hike!
  • Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    2 fried eggs on black beans with salsa. you can also add cheese if you like.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Two eggs and a banana with mixed berries and maybe some nuts/nut butter. Makes a gluten-free and Paleo cereal or pancake - not low carb, though, like it matters.
    Mash banana in a bowl and mix in with eggs, then toss in a pan and fry it while stirring it around with a spatula. It should be like a kind of pancakey-mixture scrambled eggs... thing. Then just put it on a plate, sprinkle some berries and crushed nuts on it and nom away. If you use a nut butter, you might wat to add it to the mixture before scrambling it.

Course, I sometimes just like to play it simple. One sweet potato. Four eggs.
    Microwave the sweet potato, then slice it into chunks and toss it in a pan in some butter or coconut oil- I like to sprinkle cinnamon on it. Then, as the sweet potato browns, crack some eggs into the pan.
    I love this. Runny, fried eggs over sweet potato = win for me,
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I usually eat somewhere between 3 and 8 eggs per day, so it's needless to say that I love eggs! Here's my favorite recipe, give it a try!

Ingredients:
    - Eggs

Directions:
    - Cook eggs using egg cooking device.
    - Eat eggs.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Not really 'recipes' but anyway...

French toast - bread soaked in egg/milk mixture and fried. Nom.

Also devilled eggs. I made these for Haloween, they look like they have spiders on top: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/973723/spooky-spider-snacks

A simple pleasure is a soft boiled eggs, with toast with marmite.

Egg salad sandwiches with cress and mustard. Mmmmmmm.
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I usually eat somewhere between 3 and 8 eggs per day, so it's needless to say that I love eggs! Here's my favorite recipe, give it a try!

Ingredients:
    - Eggs

Directions:
    - Cook eggs using egg cooking device.
    - Eat eggs.

:laugh:
  • aNutMeg519
    aNutMeg519 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 fried eggs on black beans with salsa. you can also add cheese if you like.
  • aNutMeg519
    aNutMeg519 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!