Foods you stopped eating and lost weight

Options
kdabis
kdabis Posts: 34 Member
...i lost 30lbs by not eating rice and meat (like beef and steak). and i dont eat any candy EXCEPT for chocolate, cuz i cant help it hahaha

Replies

• katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    well- i started dieting 6 mos ago. and have lost quite a bit so far, but not just cause i left out some foods. i mean, i've also been eating many fewer calories & exercising.

but.... for the sake of the question. i haven't eaten anything that's been breaded & fried in oil since august.
    no french fries, no hash browns, no potato chips, to name a few.

-katie
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking diet coke and eating fast food. I also recently (last week) gave up meat entirely, so we'll see how tomorrows weigh in goes.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda completely about 53 days ago. I went cold turkey; didn't drink diet at all because I hate the taste. I didn't realize how many empty calories I was drinking in any given day!! :noway: Awesome thing is, I don't miss it at all! :drinker:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I gave up fast food.
    It's been nice.
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    I've kind of sort of given up fast food. I'll eat it about once or twice a month. If I do, I eat Subway, which I don't count as fast food. I did eat Taco Bell last week, and by not eating fast food for awhile, I got soooooo sick.

I'm considering giving up meat entirely, let me know how it goes with you, feeny.

I'm a huge seafood person, so I don't know how I can give that up. :frown:
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Other the white bread (I use sara lee 45 calorie bread) and soda I haven't given up a thing. I just make excellent choices 90% of the time. Tonight I had pizza with red and green bell peppers. But I worked out for an hour today so I had plenty of calories. It was well worth it.:bigsmile:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Rache- you could always go "pescatarian" and eat only seafood- unless you are eating fried stuff that may be a pretty healthy choice- most seafood is considered pretty lean (if not fried, of course!)

Just a thought. Good Luck.
  • MommyDaisy76
    MommyDaisy76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda and stopped eating anything deep fried. I cut out most candy...I still snitch some every now and then. But, more important than what I cut out is what I added. I started eating healthy food (fruits, veggies, etc.) and started paying attention to portion size.
  • AmyLynn4321
    AmyLynn4321 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pop! I quite drinking it last June! Lost weight w/o even trying!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Cut out all fast food and most fried things (fries and the like). 95% of my candy intake...I couldn't not have some XD No rice, cut out most white bread.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My husband and I didn't eat any meals out for a week (I make good choices when we eat out, mostly turkey on toasted wheat, mayo on the side, etc) and I lost 5 lbs that week and my husband (his first week on MFP) lost something like 8.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I gave up my SoBe Citrus Energy drinks. I had used them to replace beer when I quit drinking 7 years ago. But I had never really looked closely at the nutritional contents (never needed to watch what I ate until recently). Turns out one bottle has 2.5 servings in it, which translates to 275 calories and 67.5 grams of sugar in one bottle. I drank at least one every day and up to three of them on some days (that's freakin' 202.5 grams of sugar!!!)
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut out anything specifically until about 3 weeks ago when I reached a plateau, then I cut out Diet Coke and also stopped eating as much bread. This, and making sure I drank all my water, helped me to get over the plateau. I'm going to continue to cut out / limit those things to see if it helps further.
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The biggest things I've elminated are soda and coffee. I always used to drink my coffee with cream and sugar (not soy milk or low calorie sweetener...full on cream and sugar). :ohwell: And I would have between 1-4 cups a day, so the caffeine, sugar, and fat really added up. Now I drink lots of water and I'll have a cup of tea if I feel the need for some caffeine. I also cut out fast food. I've been incorporating more fruits and veggies in my meals and definitely watching portion size. :smile:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    When i stop eating bread my belly goes flat flat flat. but i know its not weight loss but its kinda has the same effect on my self esteem lol. I try to keep my bread cout low but its hard as i looooove sandwiches. Always wholewheat now though.
    edit spelling!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Fast Food, Diet Coke and anything fried.
  • viccal1
    viccal1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I cut out fast food totally. I started my diet exactly 2 months ago today and im down 35 pounds. The only thing you can possibly eat at a place like BKs is a salad-and then whats the point of being there. I figured out I was getting my daily calories by lunch and the sodium was already 50% more than I was supossed to have the whole day.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut out anything, really. I just eat the bad stuff in very limited moderation. I very rarely eat fast food (I don't think I have had it at all this year so far) but that's just because I never want it anymore. Total deprivation doesn't work for me.

That being said, I had a major candy addiction so I completely cut it out for about 3 months. Now I can have a tiny amount very occasionally and I'm fine so I've added it back.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    BEER!!! I like darker brews which can carry up to like 250-300 cal a piece. 2 beers could easily equal a meal!!!
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    I quit eating large pizzas at a sitting. I have been able to eat a lot of food at one sitting my entire life, but when I got my job 7 years ago out of college and now sit for 10 hrs a day I can't do it. I put on 35 lbs in 7 years doing this. I have had 30 white castle burgers at a sitting more than once. I have not done that in years and have been at a healthy weight for years.