Not sure how much a 'cup' is?

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
I am not familiar with the measure 'cup' that is used a lot on this site. Can anyone tell me how much this is in either metric or imperial? Just so I can have an idea when it says 1 cup = so many calories.

Thank you, and sorry if this has been asked before

Replies

• J88HNY
    J88HNY Posts: 6
    Options
    i 'believe' there are 2.4 cups in a pint, so 1 cup would be just under half a pint, somewhere in the region of 250ml.
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    A cup is used in American recipes. I believe it is 250ml.
    You can use this website to convert: http://www.ghostcalc.com/cooking-measurement-converter.html
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Even when you know what a cup is, sometimes it's impossible to accurately measure what a serving of something is.

This is why I find a digital kitchen scale so handy. I have found that just weighing everything is much easier and more accurate.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    for liquid, 1 cup = 8 fl. oz. in the United States. You're results may vary in other countries.
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Even when you know what a cup is, sometimes it's impossible to accurately measure what a serving of something is.

This is why I find a digital kitchen scale so handy. I have found that just weighing everything is much easier and more accurate.

Agreed!!