Is this it??

Options

Replies

• stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    yes that is it......

the alternative sometimes seems better......
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way, and i don't have kids, or even a "significant other" and friends are falling off because i have a crazy stupid work schedule. :( aside from working out, i go home and sit on the couch. that's. it. i want to volunteer, but haven't done it yet. i'd probably meet more people with similar interests. i need to start. i know this.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this feeling falls to all us regardless of our status. I guess we have to find that something in ourselves to feel complete.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My life starts over as soon as my son graduates from high school. Of course I'm not married so that makes it a lot simpler. Until then, I'm just doing my time and plotting my plots.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My life starts over as soon as my son graduates from high school. Of course I'm not married so that makes it a lot simpler. Until then, I'm just doing my time and plotting my plots.

Oh my that's what I'm afraid of...my husband made a comment like that living till retirement and then LIFE will start
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    For those of you "waiting" to live life....why wait?? One person said they are waiting for their son to graduate high school, op's husband says retirement. Guess, what sometimes life doesn't wait for you. You don't get to choose when you leave. Do it now. Yes, it's more difficult when kids are in the house, and when you are working but you can do it. Get someone to watch your kids for a week and take a second honeymoon, spend the extra money for a vacation you don't think you can afford right now (it might surprise you how quickly you can save the money when you really want to). Make your memories now.

In the last year I've lost 3 friends. 1 worked so that she and her husband could retire at 55 and travel the world. She died a month after retirement from a sudden heart attack. Stop waiting. Do it now.

If you feel like you need something to charge your batteries, find a new hobby. I felt like I was in a small rut....a friend got me into mud runs. 5ks are not that far and you can even walk them, but they include obstacles that are fun and make you feel both tough and like a kid again. Find something that does the same for you.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Life is what you make of it. If you don't like how it is then find a way to change it. :smile:

Nailed it!:happy:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Is this all life has to offer? I mean I get up, I work, I workout, I go home, I pick up my son, deal with homework & dinner, tv, sleep and then it all starts all over again.... Is this it????
    You've gotten some great replies here.
    But I just gotta say...no, this is not it! There is a huge world out there with so many things to do and try! Good luck in finding something that will light your fire. :smile:
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Delete. Duplicate.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be stuck in a rut. Get out of the house. Go camping. Go geocatching. Go zip lining. Learn to ski. Volunteer for something worthwhile. Join a cause and become an activist. Go back to college and do something different. Save for a vacation. Take day trips. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. There are lots of things to do.

As for me, my husband looked for jobs overseas and we moved the entire family for an adventure of a lifetime. It took us three years to find the job. In the meantime I was finishing up my degree and involved in a new career. Now I'm back to being a stay at home mom for the first time in years while exploring a new place. I also continue to find activist projects. Next week I will be part of a group that will look at issues people write, interview people to find out why the issues are not solved, choose a few and write solution proposals. That's just one project from this year.

Life is what you make of it. Be open to experiences. Look for them if needed. Have fun. Your path could be totally different but the idea is still the same. What would you like to do?
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    R16V9.gif

TO A TEE!!!
  • starryk
    Options
    I get what you are saying - but you are in charge of your destiny... don't wait.. do something now; even if its taking your child and going for a walk after dinner... takes six weeks to make a new habit.

Who knows what you'll see or who you will meet.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Maybe its just because I am in college, but I think there is so much life has to offer!

I work a ton and full time student. But I do fun stuff like party, intramural sports, travel, and find exciting things and events to attend
    Life is what you make it! :)
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I for the first time this weekend went to a park with a blanket and a book and just vegged for couple hours! Stop to smell the Roses! It was great! Changed up my normal day.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Good health, good friendships and love of family and other close ties are what it is! Yes! Feel fortunate to not be in desperate need or want. If you continue to have a less than enthusiastic look on day to day life please think about describing your feelings to a professional to rule out depression because there is help for depression and you don't need to live with it if you have it. :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like routine so mon-fri that pretty much sums up my life and weekends is where I stray from the norm. a new job or a fun class always makes thing exciting.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Life is the moments between the drudgery - hugging your son, laughing with your coworkers, taking it easy with a cup of coffee, etc.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you are saying. My life is very repetitive! Get up 6 am...get my 2 boys off to school...stay at home n lounge around all day with the other 2 little ones...make lunch, make dinner...go to bed...and repeat.

Trying to fix that.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    some days, life really sucks.
    sometimes when i'm waiting at the platform for the train, i think, should i get on that train, or should i get under it?

repetitive loop with some crap in between.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am a routine person, I love routine. Yes Monday to friday is the same things every day, I even eat the same things for breakfast and lunch every day..That doesnt bother me at all.

What makes my day is playing with my son after dinner..thats what i live for.