The 80Bites Diet!

Options
I recently read about a diet that doesn't measure calories, carbs, or fat, but BITES! I feel like my portions may be too large, so this diet can help to train me to eat less quantity. You are allowed 80 bites a day, which translates to about 18 bites per meal and 1200 calories.
I wanted to know what your opinion is on this. Have you tried it? Would you consider trying it?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • shagybear33
    Options
    sounds interesting :smile:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Seems tedious and leaving you wanting. Why wouldn't you just eat a buffet of good food and add a bit of bad?
  • shagybear33
    Options
    what about liquids?? like adding cream to coffee etc?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    80 bites of what? 80 bites of chocolate cheesecake is going to be a lot more calories than 80 bites of broccoli. Just learn to measure and weigh for portion control.
  • RockyColorado
    Options
    Warning..... somebody started a similar thread a week or two ago were mocked endlessly
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would have even tried this in my days of trying every fad diet I came across. For me I'm trying to eat in moderation, and avoid any behavior that is suggestive of ocd where my food is concerned.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    sounds ridiculous
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    No, and its impossible to say how many calories 80 bites is going to be even approximately as it depends what is is. If you want to do a 1200 calorie diet just do it, the whole idea of an 80 bite diet is ridiculous.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    How big are the bites, sounds a bit random and a little silly, what about liquid calories?. Just track the food you eat, eat mostly healthy nutrient rich foods and eat at a modest calorie deficit. Are you really going to follow this for the rest of your life? No, didn't think so, so why start with something that is obviously a fad diet and not sustainable. As soon as you start eating normally you'll just put the weight back on
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to bother with calories then you can track like the food pyramid. Get to know what a portion size is, use your measuring cups and a food scale. Eat something like 5 servings of veg, 1-2 fruit, 3 protein, 2 fats, 2-3 dairy if you like that stuff, and carbs depending on your eating style like 0-7 I guess?
    I used to do a plan which was 5 veg, 2 fruit, 3 protein, 2 fats, 2 dairy and 4 carbs.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but this is the silliest thing I've ever heard of. One bite of chocolate cake is most likely 4x the calories as a bite of green beans.

If you want to lose weight, track your calories, make sure your portions are correct, avoid processed sugar, and exercise.

Seriously, it's not that hard.
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    80 bites of chocolate, and pie.. and 8 glasses of strawberyry milkshakes a day...sounds like my type of diet...:wink:
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of you misunderstood. I'm an over-eater. I binge eat. I'm trying to reduce my portion size. The diet doesn't allow you to just have cake every meal. But, that doesn't even matter for me. I am just trying to reduce the quantity that I eat. I don't have control over what I have for every meal because I am an 18 year old high school student. So, I can't really plan servings of fruit, servings of vegetables, etc. Bites would give me a clue when to put the fork down. You know? Sorry for the confusion. :)
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    what's if you loe count?
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of you misunderstood. I'm an over-eater. I binge eat. I'm trying to reduce my portion size. The diet doesn't allow you to just have cake every meal. But, that doesn't even matter for me. I am just trying to reduce the quantity that I eat. I don't have control over what I have for every meal because I am an 18 year old high school student. So, I can't really plan servings of fruit, servings of vegetables, etc. Bites would give me a clue when to put the fork down. You know? Sorry for the confusion. :)

According to your diary, you're not coming anywhere near your calorie goal most days, much less going over it. Are you not recording most of what you are eating? Are you eating an additional thousand calories a day that you aren't recording?

Counting bites makes no sense. If you don't have a food scale, learn to determine portion sizes using visual cues. There are many websites that will tell you how to do this. You can also use volume measurements. Serving sizes vary greatly depending on what you are eating. One (bite)size does not fit all.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I think an easier thing to do would be to focus on the meals you do control - breakfast (most likely), lunch and snacks. And of course, talk to your parents and tell them your goal. I'm sure they'd want to help. 80 bites of unhealthy food is not going to help you lose weight or be healthy, although I understand your premise from the "binge eating" POV.

I'd recommend talking to a nutritionist to see what she has to say. Focus on avoiding the foods you binge -- chips, cookies, etc. Just avoid them. Don't moderate, abstain, if you're a binge eater. Don't go back for seconds. Eat what is given to you... and when your plate is clean, put the fork down.

The best way to focus on portions is to measure food. Don't eye ball - measure.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I think it's ludicrous. A bite of spinach is different in calories and nutrition than a bite of hamburger. You wouldn't necessarily eat less or get proper nutrition, you'll just become obsessed with bite count instead of actually adjusting your macros and learning how to create nutrient-dense meals with a healthy caloric restriction.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but its still a bad idea.
  • tomscottm
    Options
    Tough group. I say , give it a shot and if it works- it works. My dad once talked about a diet that worked for him -that was twelve portions a day- each the size of a fist. It was less a focus on what he was eating and more on the size of each portion. Of course, some logic had to be used on balancing the food choices. Hope this helps.