hot tea

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Something very wintry is lapsong soochong. It is smoked and always reminds me of camping.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    i like chai tea, either plain or sweetened with stevia

chai means tea. You basically just said "I like tea tea"

that's nice. nobody cares. tell the tea companies that

Many people actually care, some just choose to be ignorant about it.

ETA: Those tea companies selling you tea labeled "Chai Tea" are selling you crap tea. You might as well call them "Making me feel ethnic because it has a word I don't know the meaning of " tea.

themoreyouknow.jpg
  • rlwinton
    rlwinton Posts: 101
    Options
    I love valerian root tea as it helps put me to sleep....Green Kombucha tea to help detox and rejuvenate, and peppermint tea because it rocks! I also found a gingerbread tea, how funky is that?
    Also Kava Kava was given by the gods! Anyone tried that?
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I love "Meyer Lemon" & "Mango passionfruit" tea from Stash (a portland, oregon company). They are both nice and sweet all by itself. I also really enjoy Moroccan Mint, but I wouldn't consider it sweet. It has a nice different flavor from plain old peppermint which is also yummy.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea and black tea, but I use honey as a sweetener. I bought some agave nectar and after I did, I read bad things about it so I have never even opened it and hate to through it away. Maybe I can use it as a facial scrub or something.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    love matcha green tea and chocolate tea
  • toledochic
    toledochic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love Celestial apple cinnamon tea. You don't have to add anything to it.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Many people actually care, some just choose to be ignorant about it.

ETA: Those tea companies selling you tea labeled "Chai Tea" are selling you crap tea. You might as well call them "Making me feel ethnic because it has a word I don't know the meaning of " tea.

Yes Chai is the word for tea in some languages but it is a spiced tea using black tea leaves and spices usually served with lost of milk. Regardless of what you want to call it, I like it! I will admit that the Chai that you get here in a can is not the Chai that you will get in a Middle Eastern country.
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love a wide variety of teas but the teas I turn to for hunger ar by The Republic of Tea

http://www.republicoftea.com

I especially like their Chocolate series; Strawberry chocolate, Pepermint chocolate, Red Velvet Chocolate, Coconut Chocolate...I could go on.

They have something for everyone. Love it.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    wow... never thought i'd see an argument over TEA. wonderful tidbit about the word "chai", but i'll say it again.. i think the word "chai" here in the states implies the spices of indian masala chai.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    wow... never thought i'd see an argument over TEA. wonderful tidbit about the word "chai", but i'll say it again.. i think the word "chai" here in the states implies the spices of indian masala chai.

He is asking you to think about it differently. Even calling it Masala Chai is not specifying what you are drinking. Masala just means mix of spices. So one "Masala Chai" is not going to taste like another. A Chai Mate is going to be totally different than something sold as a "Masala Chai" so you can't simply think of Chai as an Indian spiced tea.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    My current favorite is Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice. I only use German Rock Sugar in my tea. It sweetens the tea without altering the taste. My bff thinks it's plenty sweet on it's own and drinks it plain. Other good ones I've found are some of the White Lion flavors: Ginger/Peach, Fireside and Moroccan Mint. Someone recently sent me a couple packets of Twinings Orange and Cinnamon Spice Herbal tea that was pretty good, although just a tad bit too mind in flavor.
  • katetastic33
    Options
    I think that's jasmine tea. I love that stuff! Have never thought to see if you can buy it from the supermarket though...
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Good Earth tea. They claim it's sweet and spicy, and it's great without sugar. Lots of cinnamon, along with other spices that I can't name. They even have a decaf one (with rooibos, rather than decaffeinated black tea, for those who care about those things).
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love the Tazo brand chai with or without some silk soymilk in it. Yum. I also like the decaf candycane lane tea (not sure what brand it is off the top of my head), lipton peach green tea, and the mixed berry that I have from the republic of tea. Pretty much any berry tea I'll drink.

I don't sweeten any of my teas anymore, but I used to use half a packet of splenda or sweet and low.
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Buy varied packs. I personally buy berry fruit - blackberry, strawberry and etc. I change the taste whenever I want. Add some splenda and vouila.
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I regularly drink Lipton green tea with jasmine and orange (I think), Bigelow pomegranate green or black tea, Bigelow Constant Comment tea, or Bigelow vanilla chai tea in the evenings. If you want something that needs no sweetener, try the Celestial Seasonings apple and cinnamon tea. It's really powerful both in taste and fragrance! Oh, and I have a Twinnings Pumpkin spice chai tea that is nice too!
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love peppermint tea, in the summer months I even pop a bag into my water bottle when I'm out and about. Green tea with Lemon, and also a Raspberry and cranberry tea (prettiest colour). I like them all hot or iced.

Earl Grey and English Breakfast/standard beloved favourites, I've been drinking them since I was a little kid and they always take my mind off food if I'm snacky and I shouldn't be. I like a splash of milk, a little raw honey or a tiny bit of raw sugar. Found a new favourite recently which is EB tea with a hint of vanilla-so yummy.
  • alie001
    alie001 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My girls laugh at me because I have a large Ziploc bag full of tea bags. All different kind, darjeeling, green, chai, orange pekoe, earl grey. I think I carry about 30 at any given time. I realize it is a bit strange, but I think that you can always find hot water but you cannot always find a tea you like. I also do not use sweetener or milk. Just tea and water.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love drinking green tea with my meals. It helps me feel fuller and stops me for wanting a second plate.