bad drivers- list your pet peeves!

Options
Every time I am driving theres always without a doubt some idiot who pisses me off. I let most of go but sometimes I cant which ends up in road rage. So tell me what are your pet peeves about other drivers! Tell some outrageous driving stories! Or what would you simply like to scream at some drivers?

For me...i always get someone who pulls out infront of me last second and wont get on the gas! Today, happened twice. This one lady took it litterly last few seconds. I was right up her butt and had to slam on the brakes. I wanted to scream, " hey, i dont have ABS that means I slide when i need to stop ASAP! By the way, if you pull infront of me , floor it and go! Dont make me stop then get pissed im on your *kitten*! Im have a bright screamin yellow...loud car....how can you NOT see me? My next biggest pet peeve js people who tailgate me when I am going 10 over the limit. I never tailgate someone unless they are going way under the limit. So, i feel like if youre on my butt when I am technically speeding, you shoulda left earlier! When anyone gets on my butt without a a reason...I will slam on brakes and go the speed limit...tail me more...I will go under the limit. Trust me, it kills me.

Replies

• martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What part of "Slower traffic keep right" do people not understand? This will result in my incarceration eventually.
  • KeltaRose
    Options
    Every time I get in my Mustang I feel like I'm in "The Fast and the Furious"... I get so egotistical that everyone who goes slower than me and gets in my way are idiots and the people who fly by me are morons (usually because I'm already speeding). I can't stand it when people don't use their blinkers, have to stop to turn a corner, talk on their cell phones or put on makeup, don't check their blind spots and people who stop at a stoplight or in the middle of the road and chit chat with their friends and make you wait. I hate when people have their dogs in their lap, have the wrong vehicle for the job they are doing (like a convertible with a dresser in the backseat), people who don't tie down their load and in dumps out on the highway at 70mph, kids who aren't in safety seats or buckled, people who have obnoxiously loud stereos and teenagers.

Wow, I'm kind of an angry driver, never noticed before... :ohwell:
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    I am the bad driver everyone flips off... I'm just easily distracted oh wait is that the door, I like butterflies.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    -People making a left from the right lane (and vice versa)
    -Dumbasses texting/talking while driving
    -those who get in the left/passing lane and go 10 miles below the speed limit
    -Brake-checkers
    -Tailgaters (get on my butt, I'll go slower just to piss you off; I'm usually speeding a bit anyway so there's no need to ride my a**)
  • UWZander
    Options
    Angry drivers. I know it can be frustrating, but are you seriously going to waste your time being mad at people you don't even know? Not to mention anyone I have ever heard of complain about bad drivers themselves have some bad habits.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Failure to merge. Step on it!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Well I have several, but the one that bothers me lately - folks that slow down or stop when merging into traffic on the interstate. aggghhh!!!!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    People who pull up to a two lane stoplight, sit there while the light is red, and don't turn on their turn signal until the light changes to green. I always gets stuck behind these fools! By the time they turn on their signal, it's too late for me to switch lanes and get around them.

(I'm not talking about traffic lights that get a green arrow for turns. I'm talking about the ones where you can go straight or turn. People need to turn on their signals and give advance notice!)
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    people who brake before the turning bay
    people who cant merge
    people who drive outrageously under the speed limit for no apparent reason (I can understand residential roads, sometimes your loooking for an address but FFS put your indicator on so I know)
    people who wait for the ENTIRE ROAD to be empty of any vehicles before they pull out, I mean seriously!?
    people who practically come to a complete stop before they turn a corner... you dont have to flog it but you dont have to start from first gear!
    People who pull up WAAAAY too close behind me at traffice lights... thats cool if your happy for your insurance to cover me if you get rear ended, but I dont really want my car to get damaged at all, so back the funk up
    ^ people who randomly start reversing at a stop
    people who's driving skills are lower than average that drive big SUV's/4WD'S/UTES & trucks and then try and park in the under cover car park... seriously? its confined enough as it is, I dont need your big a** car trying to park when your got your freakin license from a cereal box.
    PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT BIKE AWARE... its kills me the amount of bike accidents I see because some clown forgot to check his blind spot

there are many more but those are a few off the top of my head.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    People going slowly in a merge lane....
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    People turning a corner or pulling into a parking lot and practically stopping. Turn the corner! Get out of other people's way! Have a little consideration.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Oh and people who run out for wet laps as soon as it starts raining, while limiter bashing and squeeling tyres is like music to my ears... if you cant do it in the dry conditions you sure as hell should not be doing it on a wet road
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    *people who really don't know know to move out of the fast lane and stay on the right..(those literally scooted all the way up to their steering wheel clutching it with both hands).. Move!
    *people texting/talking and swerving in and out of their lane
    *people with broken hands that can't be bothered to signal
    *people that park crooked (or take up 2 spots ) in parking lots
    *people that park in red zones to get Starbucks (park and walk a little you lazy a**es)
    *people that cut in school car lanes , wait your turn!
  • Crazy_Diet_Mom
    Options
    Do we know what turn lanes are for??? It really drives me crazy when people slow down in the left lane to get INTO the turn lane.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Just about everybody who drives in Chicago. Compared to Detroit everybody drives slow, like they don't care when they get anywhere. Until they come to red lights, then they drive through them like crazy people.
  • toogsmom
    toogsmom Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    when people dont understand that lane in front of them that continues on...... means MERGE into traffic ....dont STOP!!!!! IDIOTS!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Tailgaters, people who don't respect safe following distance on the highway, slow people in the left lane, not signaling, incorrect turns into the wrong lane.
    Middle lane campers are the worst. (it is faster to use the right lane on the 3 lane highways here lately, really people????).
  • nascarted10
    nascarted10 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Anybody with a license that learned to drive in Ohio.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My idiot neighbor doesn't know how to drive at all.
    This morning he pulled out of his driveway right behind me and followed as close as possible (so i slowed down.) Took a turn to go 45 mph down a dirt road neighborhood with small children walking to their bus stop, got to a two lane road and started passing people who were already going above the speed limit.

MF needs to have his license taken away. Leave the house earlier if you're in that big of a rush. That idiot (along with all the other people who drive the same) cause pointless accidents that are sometimes fatal, all because they're in a rush and seem to think the rules of the road don't apply to them.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Every time I am driving theres always without a doubt some idiot who pisses me off. I let most of go but sometimes I cant which ends up in road rage. So tell me what are your pet peeves about other drivers! Tell some outrageous driving stories! Or what would you simply like to scream at some drivers?

For me...i always get someone who pulls out infront of me last second and wont get on the gas! Today, happened twice. This one lady took it litterly last few seconds. I was right up her butt and had to slam on the brakes. I wanted to scream, " hey, i dont have ABS that means I slide when i need to stop ASAP! By the way, if you pull infront of me , floor it and go! Dont make me stop then get pissed im on your *kitten*! Im have a bright screamin yellow...loud car....how can you NOT see me? My next biggest pet peeve js people who tailgate me when I am going 10 over the limit. I never tailgate someone unless they are going way under the limit. So, i feel like if youre on my butt when I am technically speeding, you shoulda left earlier! When anyone gets on my butt without a a reason...I will slam on brakes and go the speed limit...tail me more...I will go under the limit. Trust me, it kills me.

Yes - my thinking on this is that if they are b*llsy enough to pull out in front you, they should be able to gas it just a little... :grumble:

Just the other day I was on the freeway signaling to get into the right lane to take my upcoming exit. I had plenty of room but the red Pontiac in that lane decided to step on gas and honk at me - God forbid I move over before he/she passes me ...