If You Used To Be Fit.....

Options
.... what did you do back in the day when you were fit that you LOVED?

I just remembered when I was a teenager & in my early 20's, I would DANCE like crazy while cranking the Top 40 countdown and clean my room/apartment at the same time. The whole process took 2+ hours.... which means, 2 hours of dancing and cardio! No wonder I was able to keep the weight off!

So now, Pandora is becoming my new BFF... I found a station I like, created a few of my own, and that's going to be part of my routine!

I even just caught myself dancing & singing while doing dishes... granted my digs are bigger now so the neighbors are going to have to listen to it but meh! LOL

So, what can you add in that you liked that WORKED? :)

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Before I could drive I cycled everywhere and could eat whatever I wanted. Ahhhh, those were the days.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You can't cycle places anymore, even just for fun?
  • shantelbing
    shantelbing Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I used to train and fight competitively. I did shotokann karate, sport jui-jitsui and even some BJJ.. I LOVED it! I went around to tournaments and always came home with a trophy, it was my life... but now that I work such stupid hours I have no time and no money.. I miss it like crazy!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    Do you have anywhere like in a garage where you could hang a bag?
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I used to do Bollywood dancing. Did shows, hen parties, weddings, etc. Miss it so much :( but, I'm actually hoping to go back into dancing soon, once I have gathered the moolah. It may not be to the level (semi pro) I used to be at before, but as long as I get to dance I'm fine lol
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Belly dance
    netball captain
    social football with the guys
    cross-country (ask me to run now and I'm mostly likely to pass out)
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Step Aerobics
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My thing was team sports. I played soccer, basketball, volleyball and softball.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    I used to do Bollywood dancing. Did shows, hen parties, weddings, etc. Miss it so much :( but, I'm actually hoping to go back into dancing soon, once I have gathered the moolah. It may not be to the level (semi pro) I used to be at before, but as long as I get to dance I'm fine lol

That's awesome! Can't you still practice at home and get a workout in with it? Or do you do that already?
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was a cheerleader and jogged every day of the week. I miss those day! Just finished school so am hoping to throw myself into my fitness.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    All I did was workout and lead a very active lifestyle personally and professionally...

Then!

Hurt my shoulder
    Quit smoking
    Met my wife
    Quit bartending
    Went back to school
    Started a company based on working at a desk
    Became a Dad
    Started taking Celaxa

You get the idea ;)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Injuries keep me from doing the sports that I once used to love. But I can still walk and I'm going to lose this weight! :smile:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I LOVE running. I LOVE lifting weights. LOVE LOVE LOVE. :) It works for me. But I have a slow metabolism and low BMR and I'm small, so I still have to stay within my calorie budget. I eat whatever I want, just not all it once. I deprive myself of nothing, but have my treats sometimes and mostly eat what I like that also makes me feel good and perform good and sleep good.

Oh and I do love my workout music! Makes it totally fun. :)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I used to mountain bike. I have no desire to ride anymore.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options

That's awesome! Can't you still practice at home and get a workout in with it? Or do you do that already?

Nowadays I just Zumba at home :) it's difficult finding a bollywood dance class where I live for a decent price :/ once I've sorted out my life, I'm deffo gonna start it again!
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    As a kid I just didn't eat much. I spent all day in the woods. I climbed forty foot trees (yes, really). I fell out of a few ten foot trees along the way, but knew better than to tell my parents. I spent a lot of the time in a tree, come to think of it... Then I played field hockey in high school. I was kind of out of shape towards the end of that. Then, my first year at college, I really couldn't hack living in the same house as my father's girlfriend, so I spent almost all my time at an indoor rock climbing gym where I was taking a class and had a membership. I got down to a hundred and twelve, but at that point my goal was a hundred and ten, so no reward reached.
  • babyweightgone
    Options
    I used to run 50 miles a week at 6am with my friends and loved it. Then we would hit the gym after our "short" runs and lift weights. I looked awesome. Then I had 5 kids in 3 years, two twin pregnancies, lost one set of twins and am a full time mother to young children. My stomach looks like crap...
  • smokedragon97
    smokedragon97 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I used to be a gym rat as well, lol. A dancing band, drill team, track, extremely active... now that I cannot run, I focus on strength training and my cardio is focused mainly on bike, walking, and elliptical.
  • JasonsSoulMate
    JasonsSoulMate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, when I was young and fit, like 20 odd years ago, my parents had to limit the exercise I did, I got seriously underweight and sick..... But what I used to do was: Field hockey for 12 years making regional teams, Cycling... school was 5.5km away and I hated the bus so cycled EVERYWHERE (then I got my license at 17.5), and I walked......... and walked and walked. I also had a very active job in a hotel/restaurant so was ALWAYS on my feet. Then University happened and I got lazy......... and I played volleyball there. Then that got too much.... and so on and so on and so on......... basically I got LAZY