On the wagon, off the wagon, ON THE WAGON.

Options
Man am I struggling.. You know June of 2011 I had had enough of my weight. I was 310 pounds and finally grossed out by what I saw in the mirror and immediately got up and started to do something about it. I lost 30 pounds with the help of this site and then stopped eating right and working out because fall semester of college had kicked in. Since then I haven't really been on the wagon since. I was for a short time and lost another 10 pounds. I had finally got down to 280!! But since then, (and I dont even remember when that was.. a few months ago I believe) I have gained that 10 pounds back. All I see is bad habits resurfacing and my fast food addiction creeping back in on me. I don't have kids and I want kids, but won't allow myself too even think about the thought until I've lost another 50 pounds. My mother is suffering from 3 weight related diseases and if I don't kick my *kitten* into gear, good things are not in my future.

With that being said I could really use the friends for motivation and support. The reason I did so well in 2011 is because I had a good solid foundation of people on this site that really helped me and held me accountable. If you need someone like that in your life or you just want to be that person in mine, I would greatly appreciate it. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• LN2004
    LN2004 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Trust me I know how hard it is to stick with it, especially when old habits creep up. Sometimes it feels like it's all or nothing and when you're doing good then slip up, you think oh well, I blew this day anyway I will be better tomorrow. But then you are thrown off track and you lose motivation for months and gain back the weight that you lost. But it is all about balance not all or nothing. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to go through what she is going through, so don't give up! You can do this!!
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thanks Darlin!!
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have been where you are many times myself. I lose some, gain it back, lose some and gain it back. It can be discouraging and make you want to throw in the towel. I have been on this site for a little over a month and lost 10 lbs so far. I am grateful for the support here! Even on days when I have gone over on my calories, I would say to myself: "Tomorrow will be a better day" and it usually is/was. I'm really glad I found MFP to help me manage my calories and find the support I need on my weight loss journey. I want to give support too.

U CAN DO IT!!!
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    this is about my 3rd time back to mfp so i feel you! look at it this way, at least you didn't completely lose all the hard work you did. I gained back everything I lost plus some more :/
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am completely suprised I haven't gained back what I lost on here. Well I did get down to 40 pounds lost and gained 10 back and believe it or not, I didn't even notice a difference when i lost 40 pounds? Clothes still fit the same and everything!